Jean, one fluke i noticed in the site,
but NOW i AM used to it,
is,
at least on *my* computer
i do not appear to be logged in on "Home" page,
but,
if i click on forums,
i can see i AM logged on.

lolz, at first, i kept RElogging on every time i went to home page, wondering why i'd been bounced off.
not a big deal really, though, as i suspect most people are smarter about computers than *i* am.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
AND MANY OF US
still really miss "The Classroom"....

for real, it was awesome,
we could just point at it, to help inspire new ppl, or refer to it on how to teach a specific cue, i just LOVED that "classroom"

although, i think "HOW TO teach these tricks! It's easy! YOU can get started right now!" or something,:ROFLMAO:
would be more of a lure than "classroom" which may sound like it is boring, or needs some type of commitment, cost or time investment,
like 'real' classrooms often do.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
also, i sitll wish we could delete our own posts, all by ourselves.

yeah, every once in a blue moon, it might leave a gap in a thread, but,
i don't imagine it'd be a big deal, or happen often.

almost all online boards,
all of them
allow a member to delete their own remarks if they want to. Seems it'd reduce the work of mods, as well, if we could delete our own posts without bothering them to do it for us.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Jean, one fluke i noticed in the site,
but NOW i AM used to it,
is,
at least on *my* computer
i do not appear to be logged in on "Home" page,
but,
if i click on forums,
i can see i AM logged on.
Yes that is something I will be working on soon as the homepage will change and the forums will be viewable via the Forums link.

AND MANY OF US
still really miss "The Classroom"....

for real, it was awesome,
we could just point at it, to help inspire new ppl, or refer to it on how to teach a specific cue, i just LOVED that "classroom"

although, i think "HOW TO teach these tricks! It's easy! YOU can get started right now!" or something,:ROFLMAO:
would be more of a lure than "classroom" which may sound like it is boring, or needs some type of commitment, cost or time investment,
like 'real' classrooms often do.
The classroom is not available now, but most of the lessons will be available again thru my blog in the near future. ;)

also, i sitll wish we could delete our own posts, all by ourselves.

yeah, every once in a blue moon, it might leave a gap in a thread, but,
i don't imagine it'd be a big deal, or happen often.

almost all online boards,
all of them
allow a member to delete their own remarks if they want to. Seems it'd reduce the work of mods, as well, if we could delete our own posts without bothering them to do it for us.
I'm pretty sure that you can edit your own posts within 24 hours, I would have to double check to make sure. The reason is threads don't make any sense if you delete posts a week later and people reply to posts that no longer exists.

karleee

Experienced Member
jean-maybe we could put a restriction on the schutzhund forum?

maybe hide it from non-redjoed members,and from people with less than 100 posts?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Well, Jean,
i think you could do both,
insert one of your most awesome training videos into your blogs,
AS WELL AS
have them at the ready in "The Classroom".

why not both?
Why not add in the videos to the blog you are writing
as well as
compile them all together in one spot?

............ That classroom, a compilation of tons of marvelously made, short, easy to understand "HOW TO" videos,
was so so awesome. It'll be wayyyyyyyy more work to sort through all the blogs to find or point at a certain video months or years after you've posted the blog, IF IF IF we even remember "Oh yeah, Jean has made a video on that cue...now where is it?" kind of thing....

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your suggestion. The main reason I want to put them in blogs is for comments, people will be able to give ideas/feedback to others. They will all be in the same category so it'll be easy to find them. And I will have a site-wide search in the future which will make them easy to find also.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Because there is concerns about the schutzhund form maybe Instead of the schutzhund form you could add a Dog Sports form if anyone is interested in schutzhund they could post about it in the Dog sports form.

karleee

Experienced Member
But I do know what it can be replaced with-Dog carting,or dog biking-either one..or both ;)

Dlilly

Honored Member
I really miss the trick contest. I would be so pleased if you brought it back! I really do think it would attract more members to this site, and give them something fun to do. :)

karleee

Experienced Member
Jean,in the training section,can we have a dog carting+biking forum??

As this IS a safe thing,and is quite a fun thing to teach,and a good form of exersise for the dog/dogs :)

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I really miss the trick contest. I would be so pleased if you brought it back! I really do think it would attract more members to this site, and give them something fun to do. :)
I agree. I do need to bring it back, but it will have to be in the forums as the old trick software is not compatible with the new forum software and had too many glitches. Would this be an acceptable solution for you?

Jean,in the training section,can we have a dog carting+biking forum??

As this IS a safe thing,and is quite a fun thing to teach,and a good form of exersise for the dog/dogs :)
Absolutely! And done!

Dlilly

Honored Member
I agree. I do need to bring it back, but it will have to be in the forums as the old trick software is not compatible with the new forum software and had too many glitches. Would this be an acceptable solution for you?

Absolutely! And done!
I think that would work. Do you plan on ever finding a new trick software? If not, I think it should be fine.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I think that would work. Do you plan on ever finding a new trick software? If not, I think it should be fine.
Well the thins is we had to make it ourselves last time and it cost me about $1,000 of my own money to make, plus a lot of time, and it ended up very buggy with the new forum software so I doubt that I will make another addition like that again. But a Forum would work, that is how we started the "Training Challenges" in the beginning. ;)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
now Jean, you will probably want to throw a dogtoy at my head, cuz i *think* this suggestion, if you like it, would probably be monster pain to setup.....

but, your awesome blogs, *might* be more useful, if they were listed not by month, but by topic? or title of the blog??

I was trying to search for your blog on dog parks, but, unaware of which month you'd posted that one, i had to look through page after page of the blogs to find the one i wanted.

The "search" thing didn't really bring it up. Just a thought. (now i duck!)
ha ha

Sara Carson

Experienced Member
I just recently joined and so far I love the layout of the site and everything else about it haha If I ever find something that seems odd I'll mention it to you! :p (y)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Jean, the site is working great! Loving it now, i've figured it all out now.
one lil thing,
and it might not be anything you can do at all, might have to contact your webmaster,
but,
sometimes, if we post a comment on another members PAGE,
it shows up twice.
odd.
and if we delete ONE of the two copies,
often BOTH copies of the comment disappear.

I will go post a comment on your page, Jean, to see if happens. Doesn't seem to happen with super short comments, only longer comments get duplicated...actually, only comments UNDER comments show up duplicated. Just an original comment doesn't show up two times, but replies to comments show up twice.

Is no big deal, not at all...........just odd.