Requested: Your Input On This Website

lizzyrd

Experienced Member
Is the primary purpose of DTA social interaction? Nothing wrong with that...just wondering if there will be more learning and training resources available here in the future.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new site, KUDOS!!
I still find the uploading photos tricky,
usually,
for me to post a photo,
i upload to another nondog related website i belong to, "copy" it, then delete it off THAT website,
and then "PASTE" it into the words here.
sigh.

if i click upload, it always ends up very tiny, on bottom of post. And i have to have a "host" site with an HTTP address link, i still can't figure out how to upload photos here.

OKAY, WAIT, I GOT IT!! I USE THE "UPLOAD A FILE"

For technotards like me, you *might* wanna consider renaming "Upload a FILE" TO READ
"upload a PHOTO"??????

JUST A THOUGHT, but, i realize, most ppl are smarter than i am about website icons.

Attachments

zoogal

Experienced Member
I love the user challenge idea! I agree with almost everything tigerlily said lol...I haven't been on in FOREVER, just came for a visit today as I too have been busy in the "real world" with not getting proper sleep for over 13 months due to my colicky son, my favorite dog Banjo dieing, my patty cake cat Simon dieing :( and trying to balance work and baby and 11 animals with very few brain cells left from sleep deprivation! I would be willing to help out with coming up with challenges every once in a while, maybe even a special multi dog home one for those with 2 or more dogs!

storm22

Experienced Member
i like that idea jean, i havent been on here in ages mainly cause im training koda up in agility and obedience and have less time for tricks but where going into a break soon and came back on to see what others are training at the moment,
having user-generated challengers would help you guys out with time and also some people can re-enter some of the old challenges that we have already done and trained into the competions cause there are new members on here that would probably like to compete with others with some of the older tricks

i love this dog site ive found its one of the best and everyones soo friendly and helpful, so keep up the good work guys

storm22

Experienced Member
also it might be too much work (i have no idea lol) but if you guys do get the challenges up and running maybe if people are interested in competing have like a monthly email update sent to them telling us when the comp is about to finish and what the next challenges are going to be for the next month or something like that

karleee

Experienced Member
hi jean

i was wondering,if maybe we could have a few new new forum sections?
"dog toys" sharing what dog toys are dangerous,how to make your own, ect,ect :rolleyes:
"find a doggy friend" so maybe people in the same area on here could find a few playmates? :rolleyes:

i was only just thinking that maybe some people (including me!!) would appreciate these ;)
have a barkin good day guys,or in my case,NIGHT :sleep:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
hi jean

i was wondering,if maybe we could have a few new new forum sections?
"dog toys" sharing what dog toys are dangerous,how to make your own, ect,ect :rolleyes:
"find a doggy friend" so maybe people in the same area on here could find a few playmates? :rolleyes:

i was only just thinking that maybe some people (including me!!) would appreciate these ;)
have a barkin good day guys,or in my case,NIGHT :sleep:
Done. ;)

karleee

Experienced Member
A request jean:

Could we,in the training section have a Shutzhund/protection dog training?

Cheers ;)

storm22

Experienced Member
good idea karlee,
i personally wouldnt like to see it only because id be afraid some random could read the ideas and try to train thier dog to be protection dog trained and they wouldnt have the skills or training behind them to harbour such a dog, as some could use it for bad,

im definalty not saying any of us would do it as id also like to teach certain things of shutzhund work but i also cant find it anywhere online because it would be a training one to one with handler dog and trainer,
im only afraid if you guys stick it on the website some idiot could read it and train there dog up and another dog die for the stupidity and ego of there owner

just my opinion though

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
A request jean:​
Could we,in the training section have a Shutzhund/protection dog training?​
Cheers ;)

I have created the Forum. Please use good judgement when posting in this forum, I would appreciate if you could create a thread with a disclaimer/guide with proper training information so that nobody trains their dog in the wrong way or for the wrong reasons. I will sticky it.

Thanks,
Jean

karleee

Experienced Member
I'll do it for ya jean-I would HATE for somebody to train in the incorrect way,and end up hurting the dog,themself or another person!