Replacement for the Store

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys!

If you haven't already noticed, there is a Dog Store on this website which is affiliated with eBay. I originally thought that it would be a good idea to have recent and discounted dog products on the website, however from looking at the statistics there is not really anybody using it.

So I would like your opinion on whether you would use a store like this, and whether I should just replace it with something more useful.

One idea that comes to mind would be to replace it with a personal blogging service. Which would allow YOU to post your personal blog on that portion of the website. You would be able to post your pictures of your dog, talk about your dog training and anything you would like to!

Please let me know what you think, or if you have more ideas that would make this community a better place. I built this website for you! So I want you to be a part of its construction. :msngrin:

Thanks!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Perhaps a Dog Product review script would be nice also....

If you have an idea, let me know!! :msngrin:

CollieMan

Experienced Member
My thoughts are:

Dog-related book review section. I read a ton of books and always enjoy reviewing them on Amazon.

Dog-related product reviews

Blogs! I love blogs!

Training class reviews - I attend one local to us and can't praise it enough.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you CollieMan for some great suggestions!

It would be awesome to be able to review all sort of dog related stuff, we could review vets, trainers (as you suggested), books, products, food, so much it would be really awesome!!

Thanks! If you have any more ideas let me know!! :dogsmile:

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Hi CollieMan!

I have decided to add a Blog section to the Lounge (or perhaps replacing the Store), which will enable all dog trick academy members to create their own personal blog!

I have a few things in mind, in which with a bit of work, you will be able to access your own personal blog at "http://your_username.dogtrickacademy.com". :dogsmile:

I will have to wait until my next paycheck as I have to purchase a script for it, at least it's only $50.

Thanks for the suggestion! Keep them coming! :)

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Look forward to it. Have you considered creating a donation system? That way, you keep the ethos of providing a free resource, but also allow others to help you out where they can, and all on a voluntary basis.

I suppose too, that presuming the blog system allows categories such as:

Dog Product Reviews
Dog Book Reviews
Dog Training Class Reviews

then you kill many birds with one stone, because people can write about them in their blog?

fletcher

Jean
This website is great. I would have been happy to pay - a donation system sounds like a great solution.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! I appreciate your generous suggestions, and believe it or not, I never actually thought about a Donation system. This might be a great idea to keep the website growing!

I guess if people find the information found on this website useful, then they might be willing to donate and help out. But I also think that for this website to blossom then the best way would be for members like you, who participates in the community. We've all started training our own dog at some point in life, and it was very difficult (for me anyways), and the best way to contribute to this website would be to help other members.

After all, I find that helping another member, is one of the best feelings, and even if I don't know the exact answer, I can find it, learn something new and help another person in the process, how can I go wrong? :msngrin:

Thanks again, I will look into that very closely, and keep the suggestions coming! Hehehe :msnwink: