Remember September 11, 2001 " The Twin Towers "

MaryK

Honored Member
Shared. I clearly recall frantically trying to ring people I knew in the States both N.Y and Washington, when the newscast came through. I had to wait three days before a friend rang me (the lines where jammed and I couldn't get through). Thankfully, she rang with good news that the people we knew were safe. One miraculously went across to the bank (Washington), otherwise it may have been a different story.

I also watched a program the other night (9/11) with interview from those who escaped, I was in tears.

Dogster

Honored Member
It's horrible. Devastating. All the lives lost, lives sacrificed. You're right, it should, and never will be forgotten. I've watched many, many documentaries and the videos are horrifying, the twin towers collapsing, people having no way out, jumping out the windows... It's very hard to watch, especially knowing that there was nothing people outside of the buildings and on the street could do... There were many heroes who's lives were lost that day... May they rest in peace...

southerngirl

Honored Member
I don't remember 9/11/01, I was only 7. I have seen the documentary and a lot of videos. The videos always make me, cry seeing people jumping out of the building. I love the song Where were You when the world stopped turning by Alan Jackson. 9/11/01 will never be forgotten. Police, firefighters, mothers, fathers, kids, dogs and many others life's were lost may they rest in peace.