Release Cue

Discussion in 'General Dog Training' started by bekah1001, Apr 18, 2012.

1. bekah1001 Honored Member

What realease cue do you use. I'm debating wether or not to keep the cue okay or to change it. I'm kinda using okay and brake for Brody but I think I should pick one so he dosen't get confused.
    tigerlily46514 likes this.

2. MissyBC Experienced Member

I use "ok" but I used to use "release", sometimes I wonder if I should go back to using "release". Break is a good one too. I hope you find one that you like!
    tigerlily46514 and Dogster like this.
  3. dogcrazy Experienced Member

I also use ok in a very high pitched voice.
    tigerlily46514 and Dogster like this.
  4. jackienmutts Honored Member

I use "finished" instead of "ok" only because "ok" is used so much just in everyday conversation, I didn't want them confused, or the word poisoned.
  5. Dogster Honored Member

I use "OK!!!!!" in a VERY high-pitched voice.:) It's high-pitched so Shivon doesn't confuse it with the "okay" used in everyday life. It's very effective.(y)
  6. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

I use "ALL DONE" said in slightly high pitched, happy voice, with a certain hand move as well.
    Dogster likes this.
  7. bekah1001 Honored Member

I used to use free but it gets to mixed up with the ends of their names
  8. TiflovesBCs Experienced Member

I just use "release" (I'm still teaching Bella) as its not something I may say accidently in a conversation or something.
    Dogster and tigerlily46514 like this.
  9. Anneke Honored Member

I use free and ok. Actually there is a difference in the use of these words. Free is we are finished and you can go play/sniff. And ok means you can stop what you were doing(sit-stay/down-stay/wait) and I am going to give a new cue.
    I did try release, but I keep blurting out ok or free... So it sounded like this...ok, oh no wait, uhm release...:oops::ROFLMAO: Confusing for them and me...
    They know the difference between an ok used in conversation and an ok meant for them. Mainly because I always ask for eyecontact.
  10. Ripleygirl Experienced Member

I use 'that'll do' simply because I got into the habit of that one with my collies doing trials etc. It is not something that is used in everyday conversation much and it is quick and simple to use.
  11. bekah1001 Honored Member

I do that all the time!!!! I use all done when I'm done training.
    tigerlily46514 and Anneke like this.