Quickfinder Deluxe ... Does It Work?

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
You might well have already seen the following: QuickFinder Deluxe, "Electronic Safety Nail Clipper with QuickSensor Technology to avoid cutting the quick".
This looks like a must buy if it actually works, have you personally tried it? Has anyone else tried this thing? I'm very cautious to buy "innovative" products because they often don't deliver on their promises...

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
Wow. Looks really neat...but I agree I would be cautious spending the money for it until I hear that it really works.
If it does it sure would be handy, although I am afraid to even look for the price.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. Looks really neat...but I agree I would be cautious spending the money for it until I hear that it really works.
If it does it sure would be handy, although I am afraid to even look for the price.
I found it on Amazon for $35, but it has a 2 star review, out of 12 people.

Example review 1/5 stars:

SAVE YOUR MONEY I've been grooming dogs for 30 yrs. so nail trimming isn't new to me but I bought these because my new dog has all black nails. They are absolutely terrible. The sensor doesn't work most of the time and when it did is was showing the green light at the wrong time. I returned these and got another replacement thinking it must be just a faulty pair, but the 2nd one was even worst. The light would only show red (when it did light up) even when it wasn't on the nail. It would never go to the yellow or green. In the hands of someone without nail cutting experience these could be a dog disaster.

Interloper

No - I haven't tried it.
I came across it while searching for a Peticure.
I thought it looked good - wishful thinking. :dogsad:
I've found a few very positive reviews (some of these I trust) but I am also put off by the many negative comments.
I think it might actually work for some people - but I wouldn't want to trust to luck.
Jean - YOU need to test it!
(I probably couldn't get hold of one anyway - innovative products are scarce in the UK. I think we only get the rubbish ones . . . . . . so it must be good?)

charmedwolf

Staff member
My show mentor got to try a pair. Her review, good idea but not properly thought out. She could clip the Shih Tzu's claws but the Great Dane's, Labs and Poodles claws were too thick for it. Maybe a couple of years will allow a improvement of the clippers.

Elysia

YES IT DOES WORK! I just bought it (but I was misinformed about which one to buy) the one I bought was for medium dogs and I have a german shepherd. But I tested it on my finger because its supposed to detect blood flow. every time I put my finger in it turned red. so they do work. im on the hunt for the delux one now

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
After reading one of Jean's blogs long ago, about pedipaws (not sure what brand he had) i got the $19 pedipaws, love it.
I use an itty bitty keychain 'flashlight' to spot the quick, and clip off tips, and then grind away. ON his black nails, i guestimate, based on his white nails' quicks.

I take off the orange cap that the box says 800 times to never take off, and just hold his fur back. See the orange cap? take it off. If you are lefthanded like i am, you can't use it with cap on anyway.

I also grind away til nail is done, not just for 3 seconds, otherwise, it takes all night long, and i've never observed any "hot nails" even when i grind away for many minutes at a pop.
and Buddy sleeps through this. (i followed step by step directions on how to get your dog comfortable with product, i took whole week indtroducing it, and he gets treat after each nail. He follows me happily when he sees that thing.) He gets a play break between each foot.
and i only do front feet one night, and then next night, back feet.

BEST TIP: I put Buddy onto sofa, and i sit on floor, to make his feet closer to eye level....ahhh, way easier.