Playing with my new toy...

CollieMan

Experienced Member
We purchased a new camera this week, and so what better excuse to take Ellie to her first trip to the beach?

storm22

Experienced Member
nice photos, i love getting a new camera or toys to play with, when i got my new camera i took hepas of photos of the horses and dogs

CollieMan

Experienced Member
I ended up getting a Fuji FinePix S8000fd. I was close to biting the bullet and getting a digital SLR as I love taking photos but (a) they're really expensive, (b) my partner wouldn't know how to use it and wouldn't have any desire to learn, and (c) I didn't want to be carrying lenses around with me.

The Fuji provided an 18x optical zoom and then a further digital zoom, with various settings. It seemed like a decent bridge between our existing camera and a Digital SLR.

The action shots on the Fuji is just a case of switching to "Sports" mode, though you can, if you want to, change the aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, and more besides.

It's a decent camera.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Nice pics, the third one is the best! Is the black and white achieved with the Camera or an editing software?

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Jean;9190 said:
Nice pics, the third one is the best! Is the black and white achieved with the Camera or an editing software?
It's achieved via editing software. It's a platinum effect, which emulates the old platinum developing process which was popular between 1873 to 1920. I think it's a bit more interesting than just bog-standard black & white.