Playing The Drums

Discussion in 'Dog Tricks' started by Elliot DMDS, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Elliot DMDS Well-Known Member

Instead of practicing rear end awareness, Elliot offered me this the other day-
    thought it was cute, so I clicked it ;)

Jean likes this.

2. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

oh dawg, that is adorable!!! TOO CUTE! he needs a bigger drum!! hee hee! Off to the toy store with you!! lol!
  3. Elliot DMDS Well-Known Member

thank you :) true.. i will see what i can get him... then i can record a music video, just need to teach Vega, the background dog, some head-banging first ;)
    Jean and tigerlily46514 like this.
  4. Jean Cote Administrator

Great job !
  5. fly30 Experienced Member

Well done ! I love this trick !

Yes I think it's nice to accept what the dog offers unexpectedly. I often doo that too.
  6. Amateur Experienced Member

So cute ... but how do you get the second dog to just lay there all quiet while the other dog gets a treat ?!?
  7. tigerlily46514 Honored Member

yeah, "Amateur", that part always amazes me, too, when i watch multi-dog household videos! HOw the other dog(s) sit patiently waiting their turn, even when treats are being fed! wow. THAT in itself, seems a great trick to ME! lol.
    If you really want 2nd dog to shake his head at same time---- Here is how to teach the head shaking, you could teach dog to
    go side to side,
    or up and down:
    that "shake your head" was one of the hardest tricks i ever taught Buddy though, lol. But, i also made many mistakes in trying to teach that cue, another person might not find it so hard to teach as *i* did.
    Of all Buddy's tricks and cues, very few i label as "hard to teach" and 'shake head' would be one of them!
    but, i hope you DO buy a sturdy toy drum for Eliot! Or trim up some object to look like a drum, it'd make this trick even cuter.