Playing Around With Photoshop

Anneke

Honored Member
The other day I was talking to someone who is also very much into photography and we were discussing lighting. I was having difficulty with taking pictures in which both Cooper and Jinx are. A black dog takes different settings then a white dog. So either Jinx is overexposed, or Cooper is under exposed.
He asked me if I took my pictures in RAW format.
Well I don't because I don't have the programs for it. My version of Photoshop just won't read the RAW pictures I make with my Canon.
He advised me to see if I could fix that, because a picture taken in RAW can be worked on better then a .Jpeg.
I know I am throwing around term that some of you might not understand, but basically every picture you take is a .jpeg.
Now I have been experimenting with the RAW setting on my camera and forgot to set it back to .jpeg, when I took pictures of the litter reunion of my friends dogs....
So when I came home and downloaded the pictures to my pc, I couldn't see any of the pictures:mad: Which forced me to find a solution!
After a lot of searching and cursing(because nothing I did seemed to work) I finally got it.
So I spend last yesterday afternoon and night playing around with it and reading up on Photoshop tutorials.
Ok long story short... This is what I did.
I had this picture of Cooper

And turned it into this. Not completely to my liking, but that is just a matter of practise.

Then there was this picture. It's the eye of one of the donkey's that belong to my friends uncle. I liked the picture but found the lighting not quite tight.

So this was the result, I was happy with.

This program is very difficult to understand, but I am going to play with it more. I love the things you can do to pictures!!!

Ripleygirl

Experienced Member
My mum, who is seventy-three, is a bit of an expert in photoshop, but being her age she is, of course, retired so has the time to spend learning the programme properly. I think what she does on there is amazing but I have had a go with it but never seem to get time to learn it properly. But it is an incredible, but complicated, programme to use.