Playing Around With Photoshop

Discussion in 'Off-Topic & Chit Chat' started by Anneke, May 13, 2012.

1. Anneke Honored Member

The other day I was talking to someone who is also very much into photography and we were discussing lighting. I was having difficulty with taking pictures in which both Cooper and Jinx are. A black dog takes different settings then a white dog. So either Jinx is overexposed, or Cooper is under exposed.
    He asked me if I took my pictures in RAW format.
    Well I don't because I don't have the programs for it. My version of Photoshop just won't read the RAW pictures I make with my Canon.
    He advised me to see if I could fix that, because a picture taken in RAW can be worked on better then a .Jpeg.
    I know I am throwing around term that some of you might not understand, but basically every picture you take is a .jpeg.
    Now I have been experimenting with the RAW setting on my camera and forgot to set it back to .jpeg, when I took pictures of the litter reunion of my friends dogs....
    So when I came home and downloaded the pictures to my pc, I couldn't see any of the pictures:mad: Which forced me to find a solution!
    After a lot of searching and cursing(because nothing I did seemed to work) I finally got it.
    So I spend last yesterday afternoon and night playing around with it and reading up on Photoshop tutorials.
    Ok long story short... This is what I did.
    I had this picture of Cooper
    And turned it into this. Not completely to my liking, but that is just a matter of practise.
    Then there was this picture. It's the eye of one of the donkey's that belong to my friends uncle. I liked the picture but found the lighting not quite tight.
    So this was the result, I was happy with.
    This program is very difficult to understand, but I am going to play with it more. I love the things you can do to pictures!!!

2. dogcrazy Experienced Member

Great pictures Anneke! The donkey picture is amazing!! What kind of camera do you have again?:)
    Dogster likes this.
  3. Anneke Honored Member

A canon 1100D.
    The donkey's were very kind to come up close and personal:D Especcially this one, called Lizzie.
    Dogster and dogcrazy like this.
  4. Dogster Honored Member

AWESOME pics Anneke!!!!!:eek::D Can't wait to see more!!!!:p
  5. Ripleygirl Experienced Member

My mum, who is seventy-three, is a bit of an expert in photoshop, but being her age she is, of course, retired so has the time to spend learning the programme properly. I think what she does on there is amazing but I have had a go with it but never seem to get time to learn it properly. But it is an incredible, but complicated, programme to use.
    dogcrazy and Dogster like this.
  6. Pawtential Unleashed Experienced Member

Dogster and Ripleygirl like this.
  7. Anneke Honored Member

Thanx, I'll check it out!
    Dogster likes this.