Plastic In Dog Food????

Dogster

Honored Member
:eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::mad:

Vets here also sell and recommend it here.:(:mad::eek: WHY would DOCTORS sell and recommend bull:poop: that makes dogs sick?!?!? (excuse me for my language:oops:) I feel sorry for DOGS who have to eat this stuff. Humans are just cruel to animals.:mad::( First the chicken jerky treats, now this... It seems like we want to get rid of dogs, seriously....

MaryK

Honored Member
Thank you for the post puppylove:)(y)

I agree Dogster, it's totally UNBELIEVABLE that this type of thing continues to go on!:mad: Your language is totally excused, I agree it's B:poop: what they're doing to dog food. They've had so many warnings, complaints and dogs dying because of the deadly inclusions in dog food and now a new patent is being given to add one to a food which is HIGHLY recommended by vets.

I know vets do not have much, if any, training on dog nutrition and learn everything from seminars conducted by the dog food companies, but surely they read and research what's going on with dog food! Or are they just as greedy as the major corporations and will take big money for advertising and promoting these deadly dog foods?

Humans are cruel to animals that's for sure!!!!!!!!! Cannot agree more Dogster with all you've said!

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
Hmmm, polyethylene as in polyethylene glycol, the popular OTC constipation product aka Miralax, the same type of polyethylene that has been shown in studies to be safe in human children and even cats? Chronic constipation can be a serious problem in some cats, and Miralax has really been a game-changer for affected cats, and may even have saved some lives. Some forms of polyethylene are made from grains and sugars, IIRC.

Polyethylene glycols have not been shown to be toxic, despite the massively high doses they've used long-term on animals in experiments (:(). Now does that mean that I want to buy the food with the PEG vs. the food without? No, but if consumers want to get a complete non-refrigerated cereal-style diet for their animals off the shelf, where it may have to sit for a few months after it's delivered, and then stick it in their pantry where it won't spoil till it's used up, you have to accept that the ingredients aren't all going to be veggies, grains, and meats.

Anyway I don't tend to fly off the handle on so little information. Does anybody know what type of polyethylene is to be used, for starters?

Puppylove

Thanks, I don't watch enough T.V. thank goodness! Which brand does he advertise, do you know?

Chris advertises "Optimum"...something we always disagree about but each to their own...

I guess we all have to do work we don't want to do sometimes...

MaryK

Honored Member
Chris advertises "Optimum"...something we always disagree about but each to their own...

I guess we all have to do work we don't want to do sometimes...
Thanks, realized when I saw your post which brand it was:rolleyes:

Yes but those T.V vets would be making quite a bit already from the contract and also I would imagine a big increase in clients, so doubt they really need the money. Oh well, as you say, to each his own. But I don't take any notice (as you've guessed) of the ads.