Penny in a bottle

jasperaliceuk

Experienced Member
I was inspired to teach this from the Wow Lab's soft mouth blog on here with the link to Emily Snyder's video. It was really easy to teach although we have a bit of a problem with Milo knocking over the small jar with his nose.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J-UUHBrUrE[/media]

Sue

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Sue, maybe you could hold it with your feet or something, until he gets the hang of it? :D

jasperaliceuk

Experienced Member
Hi Jean

Yes I have been holding it which is cheating a bit but it does improve his accuracy - just has to be a little less forceful with his nose! Just wanted to show it warts and all on the video as he has by no means got perfect aim. I'm just so chuffed he can do it. Now - what can I do next?!!

snooks

Experienced Member
zinc poisoning from eating pennies

Just be careful with dogs and pennies...esp small dogs. Pennies post 1982 are 99% zinc in the US and poisonous. Only really OLD pennies are mostly or all copper b/c it's too expensive these days. Milo is a smart pup but some others might eat the pennies and results could be deadly. My 14 mo is still at the age where she might eat something like that if I asked her to take it in her mouth. Double goes for lead dummies or slugs as we used to call them to fool vending machines and tokens for various companies.

Sometimes it's the weirdest things isn't it??

snooks

Experienced Member
Try holding CTRL and click. It should open a new tab if u have windows. Can't help with a MAC:dogwacko:

jasperaliceuk

Experienced Member
snooks;16798 said:
Just be careful with dogs and pennies...esp small dogs. Pennies post 1982 are 99% zinc in the US and poisonous. Only really OLD pennies are mostly or all copper b/c it's too expensive these days. Milo is a smart pup but some others might eat the pennies and results could be deadly. My 14 mo is still at the age where she might eat something like that if I asked her to take it in her mouth. Double goes for lead dummies or slugs as we used to call them to fool vending machines and tokens for various companies.

Sometimes it's the weirdest things isn't it??
I'm with you there Snooks - I'm confident that Milo is not going to swallow - if he's going to chew something he prefers to shred and spit things out. I've no idea what British pennies are made from - I'll have to check it out. But if I thought he would eat them I wouldn't do it.

I first saw a dog pick up a coin when we went to a puppy class when we picked up our pup - a neat idea - all owners had to attend this class if they wanted to purchase a pup - covered loads of basic info on puppy rearing and training. She had her own labradoodle with her which picked a coin up and I was pretty impressed at the time.

Sue

tazman

Thank's SNOOKS but I not sure I said it right. The photo at the top it's a dog doing some thing a thumb nail photo you left click on it all I get is a white box. I did try holding Ctrl and click and got a white box.

jasperaliceuk

Experienced Member
Are you still struggling Tazman? Do you have popups blocked - sometimes that gets in the way of things. If still no luck go to youtube.com and search words 'milo labradoodle penny in bottle'. That should find it for you.

Sue

snooks

Experienced Member
Try clicking on the words to the right of the thumbnail and see if the same happens. You might have your internet security set too high or the pop-up blocker turned on. Depending on your virus software it maybe preventing ur getting links to pop up. You might also try closing your internet explorer window and reopening a new one or go to tools-internet options-tabs settings-on pop ups click always open pop-ups open in a new window.

Either that or go to YouTube and search. Hope that helps.

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Thanks Sue. We've stolen your idea and I think we've about got it. Will video it tomorrow, along with a couple of other new things. I'm soooo behind on videos.

jasperaliceuk

Experienced Member
Can't wait - honestly I can't take credit for the idea - just followed Emily Snider's video. Just another fun thing to do.

Today's new trick is that I got him to backward circle round a pole - we were just doing some holding a cane trick work and thought I'd try it - no problem!

Sue

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, and Emily got it from someone else as well. ^^ Can't remember who exactly but I remember her mentioning it somewhere.

Sue, you and Milo are doing great. ^^ Such a clever pup! Keep up the great work.