Peanut Butter Time!

Dodge

:love:oooooh I love their little tongue's,that made me giggle,they take forever liking their chops! Dodge adores peanut butter,I dont dare put it on a spoon,its got to go in a kong to last more than 5 minutes,lol!!:D

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
TOO FUNNY!! my dog does not do that. wonder why.
We save all our empty peanut butter jars for Buddy, and when he's home alone, we sometimes give him one to work on. Sometimes we freeze them, to make it even harder to get all the peanut butter out of the jar.

We use a size he can NOT get his head or snout caught in, though, if anyone is thinking of doing that, give your dog one and observe how he does, i've heard of dogs getting their snout or head stuck in a peanut butter jar.

Dodge

:DI have to try freezing a kong with peanut butter,not sure if I would trust Dodge with the jar,he does sometimes chew on the side of the kong and if he would try that with a jar . . . well,I dont really want to find out that one :oops::)brill idea to make it last though,thanx,xxx(y)

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
yes FROZEN peanut butter is all the more work for the dog, makes it last a bit longer. Our freezer always has a few empty peanut butter jars in there, looks funny.

Sometimes, i leave the lid on, very very very losely on, not screwed tight. So that he has to knock the lid off, too.

Buddy does chew the sides just a bit, but not much, he is interested in the peanut butter itself, not the jar so much. Soon as he has removed every lil smear of peanut butter, he loses interest in the jar completely and pays it no att'n at all, walks away from it.

Of course, everyone should test out how their dog does, while watching the dog, to see, cuz, as we learn here everyday, dogs ARE individuals!!!

sara

Staff member
Oliver would be more likely to eat the plastic than worry about the peanut butter! LOL He has a "thing" for plastic! I've lost a few debit cards and driver's liscences to his odd ways... I've also learned to keep the recycling bin locked up! LOL

Ina

Oliver would be more likely to eat the plastic than worry about the peanut butter! LOL He has a "thing" for plastic! I've lost a few debit cards and driver's liscences to his odd ways... I've also learned to keep the recycling bin locked up! LOL
I think my dog has a plastic obsession. No matter which toy the kids leave lying around it will be chewed up. Doesn't matter how many bones are around - plastic figurines are apparently so much more fun.
The other day I found a dog bone in one of the kids school bag. The nice figurines they hang from their bags were all gone. He traded bone for plastic toy :D

Dodge

The other day I found a dog bone in one of the kids school bag. The nice figurines they hang from their bags were all gone. He traded bone for plastic toy :D
:LOL::LOL:you brought him up to be a very considered citizen,trading toys for bones obviously aint thieving :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Isi Havanese

I know all of u that posted on here know this already stuff but just in case anyone reads this and does not know; Please be CAREFUL with peanut butter. I give mine small amounts of PB too it is their favorite afterall but...It is one of the top ten choking foods, for humans anyways, because too much given at once without something with it, like crackers or bread etc.. can glop up in the throat and block the air way. I am a nurse and I was born the paranoid safety freak that I am to do this day BUT......:( if you don"t want this tragedy in your minds stop reading this now...LAST WARNING!:cry::eek:
I lost my male Westie when my :censored:EX husband; fed my three dogs Colby Jack cheese that he cut into pieces and gave to all 3 because it was going to "go bad soon" or something. Well my lil male, Sprite, must have taken more than his fair share, the kids were little and everyone was having a great time out by the back yard pool and I went to the store to get something quick and when I returned @ 10 mins TOPS. He said I don't know how to tell you this but Sprite is dead! I ran to him cleared his airway of the glob of cheese that he must have vomitted up and gave him CPR but it was too late. My son and daughter witnessing the whole thing too. My son was 4 and a half he played "IMAGINARY SPRITE" for years after that. My ex said he had been rolling around in the sun they thought and the kids and him were laughing about that then the next thing he knew he looked over and he was not moving. He was having a seizure from the lack of oxygen. I will never forget this preventable tragedy and neither will my son who is 15 now and still speaks often of this. So please be careful with the amount the freezing idea is great and just a little at a time too. Control the amount they get at one time and watch the cheese please! Or anything else that anyone can think of that can block an airway going down or coming back up. Sorry, but I feel that it is my duty to Sprites memory to share this story in the hopes that his young tragically ended life will save another's!:cry: