Peace and Active Non-Violence

szecsuani

Experienced Member
People form a huge peace sign (and after an active non-violence sign) with torches.
It was today.

^ This is in Budapest, in 2007.

Have you heard about it?
Was anyone there?
If you have, why were you there?

I was there, as an organizer, and I think it's a good thing.
But I can't really explain it in English why I was there.

storm22

Experienced Member
that soo cool and for a good cause too, they should do one like that to stop like animal abuse but instead of a peace sign they should do a dog paw

l_l_a

wow, that's really cool. I admit I didn't hear about it, but it sounds really neat. And I'm impressed that you were an organizer, good for you. You set a good example for your peers by your involvement in things that are important.

Can I ask, what was the occasion, and how did you get the word out?

How did you form the peace sign, did you draw marks on the ground so people know where to stand? it looks very impressive!

most recently (one - three months ago) I was one of the organizers for protest rallies for a high-profile court case where they were going to unfairly kill a dog. we were being peaceful, but there were people who were harassing us and not being peaceful back to us!

szecsuani

Experienced Member
l_l_a;7786 said:
Can I ask, what was the occasion, and how did you get the word out?
It was the fifth anniversary (am I using the right word?) of the breaking out of the war in Iraq.

l_l_a;7786 said:
How did you form the peace sign, did you draw marks on the ground so people know where to stand? it looks very impressive!
We used strings, set up on the ground. We had sectors, that contained 10 people (these were drewn on the ground). This is how a sign was made.

There were at least four signs in Budapest.

luna may

l_l_a;7786 said:
wow, that's really cool. I admit I didn't hear about it, but it sounds really neat. And I'm impressed that you were an organizer, good for you. You set a good example for your peers by your involvement in things that are important.
Yup, L_l_a said it all... Well done! :doglaugh: