Paddling In The Water

fly30

Experienced Member
It's really hot now here and I wanted Fly to bath in a bucket in the garden. But she would not put any paw in the water though she goes in the water at the lake everyday.
So I thought I would make it a game and went for the clicker. She understood straight away that it was going to be fun. After a few clicker indications, here we go !

http://youtu.be/8pCF65bz0yo

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I LOVED THIS!!! BRILLIANT!!

This inspires me to try this with my dog!! My dog also loathes to get his precious feet wet, ha ha!! He will go all the way around a puddle on the street to avoid getting his tootsies wet, and if the grass in our yard is wet, he walks like high stepping march, so funny to watch it, as if, by walking in funny way maybe his feet will not get so wet. Buddy must think he is some prince, too good to get his feet wet, i guess!!!

i am so going to try this with Buddy!!! I got him a baby wading pool, and i did clicker train him to get in it, BUT, he ONLY gets in it IF i have treats. At least every other time, he needs a treat to get into his baby pool. NO treats, no pool,he says!! ha ha!!
and then, he only stays in the pool about a moment, and hops back out and begins trying to dry off his precious feet again, ha ha!!

i did something wrong there, any advice???

Dodge

LOL.Dodge wouldnt come anywhere near it,getting him in the bath is a mission in itself with treat (chicken) overload,once in he s ok,but my! He will enjoy puddles once he s wet and I jump into them them to make it fun,but thats your lot,tried the paddling pool,he wouldnt even come in the garden:ROFLMAO:mind you,he started to like water at the beach,so might be worth a try when it eventually gets hot here(y)
Clever Fly,she s sooo cute paddling in there:love:

fly30

Experienced Member
Thank you both :)

tigerlily, that's the deal, Buddy's not mad. Why go into the water if there is no treat ?

abby_someone

I LOVED THIS!!! BRILLIANT!!

This inspires me to try this with my dog!! My dog also loathes to get his precious feet wet, ha ha!! He will go all the way around a puddle on the street to avoid getting his tootsies wet, and if the grass in our yard is wet, he walks like high stepping march, so funny to watch it, as if, by walking in funny way maybe his feet will not get so wet. Buddy must think he is some prince, too good to get his feet wet, i guess!!!
Thank you for the laugh:LOL:. I thought I would read one more thread before hitting the hay. I am glad it was this one. Not only did I get to see Fly splashing in the tub (super cute by the way), I can just SEE the dog high stepping over dewy grass trying to keep his feet dry:LOL::LOL::LOL:.