Opening Christmas Presents

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
For those of you who celebrate Christmas; or a winter holiday involving gifts; do you get gifts for your dog to open?

We don't have any little ones to watch open gifts; so our Christmas eve entertainment has always been to watch the dog open gifts.

I just finished ordering Veronica's gifts online last night; but here is a video of her opening gifts last year.

Anyone have any pooches opening presents videos to share?

MaryK

Honored Member
I haven't a video to share yet:( But watching Veronica, oh she's just ADORABLE:love::love::love:

I just loved the way she opened all her presents, with her usual elegance, no just ripping into them and spoiling the gifts. And how she stood like a true model for her new clothes to be fitted. Veronica, brains and beauty, she worked out both puzzles so quickly. :love:

Would love to be at your house on Christmas Day to watch Veronica open her presents.

Cannot wait to see what she's getting this year. She deserves everyone of them, she's so sweet.:love:

Dogster

Honored Member
Hehe, great video!!!!:D Veronica got spoiled just a bit last christmas, eh??:p Looks like she enjoyed herself!!!:)
Btw, thanks for giving me some gift ideas, LOL.:LOL:

Shivon has only had one Christmas, and I didn't have a lot of time to buy gifts, so she didn't get to unwrap any.:( (She did get gifts though!) I'll wrap the gifts this year and make a video Christmas morning.:)

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Cool!!
I did Veronica's Christmas shopping on-line last night:
From Clean Run:
Ram Tuff Woolly Octopus Tug Toy
Go Dog Checkered Plush Toy with Chew Guard/elephant
Tuffut Grizzly Bear Square Dog Toy

From Doctors Foster and Smith:
Eagle egg babies toy (she just killed her Frog baby toy we got her last year last year)
Large Intellibone
Kong ballistic large boomerang

and from PetSmart:
2 Megalast Mega bears (a medium and a large)
JW Pet Hol-ee Roller

I'm done unless I happen to see something while I'm in a store that catches my eye.

southerngirl

Honored Member
Cute video.:love: Missy, Chase, and the rest of my animals get one present. Me and my mom usually splits who buys for which animal. I just put them in the decorative, but I'll wrap Missy's this year.:p I have pictures of Missy opening hers somewhere.

Dogster

Honored Member
Cool!!
I did Veronica's Christmas shopping on-line last night:
From Clean Run:
Ram Tuff Woolly Octopus Tug Toy
Go Dog Checkered Plush Toy with Chew Guard/elephant
Tuffut Grizzly Bear Square Dog Toy

From Doctors Foster and Smith:
Eagle egg babies toy (she just killed her Frog baby toy we got her last year last year)
Large Intellibone
Kong ballistic large boomerang

and from PetSmart:
2 Megalast Mega bears (a medium and a large)
JW Pet Hol-ee Roller

I'm done unless I happen to see something while I'm in a store that catches my eye.
WOW!!!!:eek::eek: I feel as if I neglected my dog, lol.:p I need to start Shivon's Christmas list!!:D

MaryK

Honored Member
I'll have to wrap my boys' presents this year. They are feeling very neglected LOL are checking flight time tables and packing their bags they want to join Veronica for Christmas:LOL:

Why not go a little crazy, she's your baby girl:):love: And she's not spoiled definitely not spoiled:D

Evie

Experienced Member
LOL! So cute! Veronica is so awesome <3

Evie helped unwrap some of our presents last year, but she was only like 12 weeks old at the time. Didn't take any video, but I have a couple of pictures. I have full intentions on wrapping some of her own presents for her to destroy this year :)

While searching through christmas pics, I found a whole heaps of Evie puppy photos and OMG she was so adorable!!!

I've probably already posted these pictures on here somewhere before, but oh well! More Evil puppy pictures.

See, in this photo below, she was helping how puppies help best!! By chomping on any body part that moves :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Helping destroy the wrapping paper.:rolleyes:

Helping by making sure that no one is game enough to reach over her to clean up the wrapping paper. (That little mouth, with those little needle teeth are about to get my sisters fingers lol)

And of course helping with the wrapping paper ... again.:love:

Wish I had some clearer photos, but these will have to do :) I'll try and remember to take some video this year, but might be a bit hectic just trying to keep my partners young relatives away from Evie.... kids don't seem to understand that not all dogs are for petting :mad::(

Adrianna & Calvin

Experienced Member
Great video :) I wrapped presents one year for my late dog, it was pretty cute too. There were some food gifts and regular plush/toys, and he tossed aside the toys for the food--reminded me of when you pick up a gift, realize it's a package of socks, and reach for another one to open :p.

The other thing that made me laugh was to see that you leave the tags on, too. I have no idea why I've done that -- the dogs don't care, and then I have to run after them to take the tags off. It's just a human thing to do, I guess!

MaryK

Honored Member
Mary, Veronica will be looking out the window waiting on the arrival of Zeus and Ra-K. She says to tell them she'll put the kibble on.

OMG, Evie was the cutest puppy ever!!! What a doll!!!:love:
Ra Kismet and Zeus say thank you and they'll be over just as soon as they can get permission to fly alone:love:

btw they both have a total crush on Veronica, hope she likes chilled out mature men and boisterous young men:LOL:

MaryK

Honored Member
Evie B is just too cute for words and definitely the most innocent looking puppy.:love: Especially where she's laying back, just waiting to nip your sister's fingers, couldn't look more innocent if she tried!;)

MaryK

Honored Member
A & C LOL can relate to changing parcels in favor of something better than socks. And leaving the tags on the dogs' toys, as you say, must be a human thing:rolleyes::LOL:

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
Ra Kismet and Zeus say thank you and they'll be over just as soon as they can get permission to fly alone:love:

btw they both have a total crush on Veronica, hope she likes chilled out mature men and boisterous young men:LOL:
LOL; Veronica said to tell both boys they are welcomed to "Come up and see her some time"...:D (She fancies herself as something of a canine cross between Mae West and Marilyn Monroe)

dogcrazy

Experienced Member
Aww Evie and Veronica are so cute!!! I lve how veronica is all calm but happy when she is opening her presents!!:)

MaryK

Honored Member
LOL; Veronica said to tell both boys they are welcomed to "Come up and see her some time"...:D (She fancies herself as something of a canine cross between Mae West and Marilyn Monroe)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Cannot stop laughing enough to type!!!!!!!!!! Veronica is so beautiful:D:love:

I'll tell the boys, they'll be overjoyed, and will arrive with a bunch of grapes in their mouths, pealed of course, and a diamond or two:ROFLMAO:"diamonds are a girl's best friend":ROFLMAO:

JazzyandVeronica

Honored Member
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Cannot stop laughing enough to type!!!!!!!!!! Veronica is so beautiful:D:love:

I'll tell the boys, they'll be overjoyed, and will arrive with a bunch of grapes in their mouths, pealed of course, and a diamond or two:ROFLMAO:"diamonds are a girl's best friend":ROFLMAO:
Just so long as they don't arrive with any guns in their pockets... (but they can be glad to see her)...

We run a respectable establishment. ;)
:p

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: