Online Training Buddy

Evie

Experienced Member
I'm after a person(s) who I can check in once a week on our trick training progress.

I'd like to be able to train the same trick as my partner so we can share ideas and progress etc. Really just need the partner for motivation and trick ideas more than anything else.

I have two dogs, one (Rusty 9 month old)who knows basic commands such as sit stay, stand etc, but no actual tricks and the other is a quite advanced trick dog (Evie 3.5 years - for those of you who don't know her)

Would love to share ideas for the basic trick training with someone who has experience is training VERY high drive dogs, as Rusty is very different to train than Evie was/is.

If anyone wants to join me please let me know :)

siberianjack

I would definitely be up for it! :) Do you have any specific requirements? I have a 1 year old Sibe who knows around 70 tricks.

Evie

Experienced Member
Sounds like a perfect training buddy for Evie! I'll pm you :)

Now I'm just in need of a person with a preferably HIGH drive novice dog to be Rusty's training buddy :)

I have managed to teach him his first trick since starting this post so rusty can now "bow" :D

southerngirl

Honored Member
Sounds like a perfect training buddy for Evie! I'll pm you :)

Now I'm just in need of a person with a preferably HIGH drive novice dog to be Rusty's training buddy :)

I have managed to teach him his first trick since starting this post so rusty can now "bow" :D
What is your definition of high drive? Every one's is different.
I would like to do it with Piper who I've done very little training with her and can't seem to find the motivation to lately. She is highly motivated by food and toys, especially the frisbee. She has tons of boundless energy, wants to chase everything(she chases bugs around the house) and she tries doing everything in super speed in order to do the reward making it hard to train her anything. I'm hoping with training to keep her mind busy she'll stop destroying everything in sight.

Evie

Experienced Member
I was actually going to pm you first southern girl, but i assumed Piper would be too advanced by now. Guess i was wrong! You guys would be perfect :) I'll pm you too when i get home from work today :D

southerngirl

Honored Member
I was actually going to pm you first southern girl, but i assumed Piper would be too advanced by now. Guess i was wrong! You guys would be perfect :) I'll pm you too when i get home from work today :D
Yeah she should be more advanced, but when she came around I was in 11th grade, I think maybe 12th can't remember high school and was having a hard time in school so I was pretty down in the dumps, finding the motivation was hard and when I did it was so hard with how crazy she goes for food and toys. Now I'm working and learning how to balance everything. I'm excited to start.:D

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Sorry I'm late to the game here, but it sounds like we have similar situations, I have Chloe who is very advanced with tricks, and I have Mo who knows barely any since I just got him recently. I would say that he's fairly high drive...