OMG Are these people for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
OMG. I just visited another dog website which also features dog trick videos but I couldn't believe at the amount of advertisements there was!!!!! The was literally 10 advertisements on the front page alone!!!! (I counted them!!!) It took forever for my browser to load and it was a headache trying to figure out what was content and what was ads.

I just can't believe the audacity of some people, they are in this to make money. I can understand that you need to make a little to pay for the website, but to pack them like that is just outrageous!!! I won't mention the name of the website or worse give it a link, but I am sure you all have witnessed websites like that.

I just wanted to tell you all in advanced that my website will never become like that. :dogsmile:

szecsuani

Experienced Member
I do hope so! :)
This is the most annoying thing with a website. (second is copying. in hungarian sites, the content is usually the same, they copy it from eachother... )

It's clear the you manage this website, becouse you like to do it, and this I think is the most important. (did this make sense?) :):great:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
We understand Szecsuani. ^^ No worries.

I wouldn't wait for it to load...if there are that many advertisements on a site, it's just not pleasing to even look at. I leave the site and find another. And thank you, Jean, for all that you do to make this site enjoyable and informative. :)

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks! But it is a team effort, my moderators Leema and Tx_Cowgirl help me a lot with the community and it wouldn't be the same without them! :dogsmile:

l_l_a

those websites that are more ads than content are soooo annoying!! Thank for giving us an excellent alternative with this website, Jean! keep up the good work!

E

emmasmamma

Ditto on all the Kudos! Websites with many ads and slow load time are very annoying to me as I have dial-up and it takes for ever! I usually don't bother to wait and just move on.

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Is it me though, or has there been, since this post, two new ads added to the forums? One for BlueHost added to the bottom of the page, and a so-named "Sponsored Message" interrupting every thread?

Not that I mind as I use AdBlock Plus which usually gets rid of all ads, but in this case, I shall need to use something a little stronger to remove the container elements completely from my browser.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
The only difference since I wrote this post is that I have added an insignificant little banner at the bottom of the page. There has always been google ads throughout the forum, you might not have noticed them since you had an ad blocker, but recently I just added a Sponsored Title in the border surrounding the ads so that users can know that they are ads.

I'm not sure why you even mentioned this in this thread. The website in question had 10 ads completely surrounding the content. While my ads are clearly marked as ads, and they are very dispersed, I don't have banners left, right, up and down like that website I was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.