Oh Petfinder... Why Must You Tempt Me So?

reveuse

Unfortunately for me it's like sleepless in south fla over here. One of the kids just woke me up having a bad dream....*awww*

I will definetly have another talk with Romeo tomorrow evening about whats going on so he has extra time to think it over. In his case its definetly a new sister situation. His lab friend Willow would be veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy veryyyyy miffed if someone stole her man! (and seeing as she lives practically next store we don't want that happening !) ;)

back to sleep for me (or i can try anyhow ) *SIGH*

cant wait to be back home tomorrow , and can't wait to see the happy dances!!!

sara

Staff member
Oh Whisper is ADORABLE!!! I would also guess Lab/BC mix. She sounds super cute!

As much as she'd be perfect for me, I really cant add in another dog right now. But she's exactly the dog I would get, if I could get another!

Damn Petfinder!!!! :cautious::sneaky:

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Whisper is so cute!!! Love the face. ^^ Lab/BC but 99% of the Lab/BC mixes I've seen have Labbier(lol) faces with drop ears. So maybe something else there, or her ears may change a little as she grows, or I just haven't see a Lab/BC with her ears and face. ^^

Can't wait to hear how it goes!!
So jealous. :p I want another dog!!!

reveuse

what else could be in there tho? I can't figure it out........ her ears are adorable tho! and actually she bounces them up and down which is just toooo tooo cute .....

reveuse

I might wind up taking her Tuesday if it goes extra super duper well. Or I dunno... have I gone nutso?

reveuse

Might've jinxed myself but couldn't resist - I bought a bed today as well as a collar (tho the collar in retrospect I don't really like, now i want a turquoise one because I'm in love love love with the bed. ) - seriously If I could sleep on it I probably would. Morkieness has already tried it out - he seemed to shoot me a look like " woahhhhh why is this bed so much bigger than mine and what are you planning to do with it mom?"

So we shall see...... Oh voting time - should I keep Whisper as her name? If so can anyone think of any nicknames I can do from that?!?!?!

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Raising a paw to keep name "Whisper" - altho I guess you need to be around her for a while - what if she turns out to be a total loudmouth? :eek: Really tho, I love the name Whisper, I think that's adorable!

No, I don't think you're nuts - I think you're preparing for your new housemate! I think Whisper has stolen your heart, and you're getting ready for her to move in (cuz I bet things go great -- of course she's stayin' tomorrow!!) She'll come tomorrow, things will be great, and you won't have time to go buy her a bed and collar, plus you won't want to leave anyway - best to have them beforehand! Need any more help or justifications, just ask, we're always here for ya! :p

And really - no, I don't think you're nuts - I think this is so exciting, and I truly hope all works out. I wish every dog looking for a home would steal someone's heart, the world be be a better place! I already had 2 dogs - one GSD and one GSD/Golden mix and I fostered my (now) male GSD, I agreed to take him as a foster for shep rescue for max 8 weeks - that was 4 yrs ago, he's still here - yep, a failed foster. :)

I can't wait for your update tomorrow - post as soon as you can!!!

sara

Staff member
I certainly like the name Whisper, BUT I change the name of every dog that enters my house... for 3 reasons. 1- It makes me feel more like they're mine, not second hand. 2- New House, new rules, new life. 3- if they haven't been taught their name properly, and it doesn't have the right meaning to them (like they ignore it half the time) or they've been mistreated in anyway and may associate the name with neg. things. My dog Zoe had to be taught different commands because all the "normal" commands terrified her. we taught her to "wait" instead of asking her to come to us, then when she was trusting enouugh to approach her, we taught her the command "I'm gonna get you!" (silly, I know, but it worked :rolleyes:)

All a name to a dog is, is a command to look at you, and wait for further instructions, they dont identify with a name like people do.

Reactions: Ina

sara

Staff member
Besides, I know of alot of dogs named Whisper... they're all deaf! LOL Whisper seems a very popular name for deaf dogs LOL If I'd kept their names, I would have Goldie (Zoe), Holly (Scout), Otis (Oliver), Emily (Mouse), and Pokie (Boo)... I like my names better!

reveuse

She came home with me!!!!!!!!!! We didn't get home and settled in til nearly 9 so I didn't post sooner. And then nice boss said she doesn't need me tomorrow -- so now instead of a half day off I have the ENTIRE day to spend with my two darling dogs...... I will be posting with more info and pics tomorrow I didn't really get any today and I'm just exhausted.
So far I'm leaning towards keeping her name. It fits her well since she is shy and its sort of a nice quiet calm type of name.

More to come tomorrow - I promise

jackienmutts

Honored Member
LET THE HAPPY DANCIN' BEGIN!!!!! Can't wait for the update and pictures tomorrow!!! Been thinkin' about you guys lots today, and sooo hoped all went well. Congrats - and let the good times roll!!!! :p

reveuse

ok day one was an exercise in sleep deprivation, and depravity.....
tomorrow is work for me and camp for both of them

but then THREE DAY WEEKEND for pictures and such! (sowwy everyone!)