Oh Petfinder... Why Must You Tempt Me So?

reveuse

Ina

UH OH....... look what I've found now. I'm going to make a call and get some more information. Age is quite good and she is nearby enough that I could go and check things out.... *stares secretively at Ro*
Those eyes !!! Glad I am on the other side of the globe .. no petfinder here yet :-)
(I am secretly looking for a BC)

jackienmutts

Honored Member
I'm reading this laughing .... right before I signed onto DTA I was looking online at the dogs at our local pound. Yes, they had a gorgeous GSD, yes, I was thinking .. if only ... hmmm.....:) Sheesh!! I do believe we're a bunch of hopeless cases, ya think?

reveuse

So I spoke with the lady at the shelter tonight. She says she is very shy, but loves other dogs, has been fostered for a few months now, likes chasing ducks & sprinklers , and that's about all the info i've gotten so far.

I'm going to go up to the shelter tomorrow after work and possibly meet her.

Also my ran into trainer today and she wants in on the action of meeting/choosing dog so going to try to drag her along LOL...

this one might be a bit too large tho as I do need one on the smaller end of the spectrum :p

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Oh, I can't wait to hear!! Is Romeo going too? You know, just in case? ;) Do keep us posted - the "enabler support group" will be on pins and needles, cheering you on!!!

sara

Staff member
Oh, I can't wait to hear!! Is Romeo going too? You know, just in case? ;) Do keep us posted - the "enabler support group" will be on pins and needles, cheering you on!!!
:ROFLMAO:OMG that's FUNNY!!!! We're sooo not the people to be trying to get talk you out of it! LOL that should be that should be the motto of the DTA!!! LOL

Dog Tricks Academy, the Enabler Support Group! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

reveuse

LOVE IT ! - Ro isn't going today. I want to meet her first and then if I like her and think she is a good match I will go back with Romeo....I think thats a better way to do it since going to a shelter type setting with a lot of strange activity and possibly strange men might not be the best thing for Ro (tho we are still making excellent progress lately) and so this way I only will have to do it when i've narrowed it down a bit?!? yes/no?

reveuse

have SOOOOOOOO much to tell..... need to go to work where I will be til tomorrow morning (ICK ICK ICK!) ... I'm bringing computer so this evening there will be pictures and update after i put the kids to sleep (round 9ish)...

*teaser alert* - i might be in loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sara

Staff member
Someone's getting a new dooo-ooog someone's getting a new doooo-ooog tee hee

sara

Staff member
Here's one for you all to look at. I first heard about this dog last fall, when I got an Urgent e-mail about her impending death at a kill shelter in California. She was saved last minute, but I adored her. I was poking around on Petfinder last night (you all suck for making me think about petfinder!) and I found her... she's still looking for a home.

I WAAAAAANNNNNNNNTTTTTTTT HEHHHEEEERRRRR. she's be sooo much fun to have with my pack. Another deaf dog, another largish Terrier mix.... and another whiskery face...

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17359607?rvp=1

Anyone near California want to give a Deaf dog a shot? You'll never regret it! Deafies are sooo much fun!

jackienmutts

Honored Member
Sounds like we need to hold an impromtu meeing of the "enablers support group" and give a quick "oh, go on, go head, you go for it, those dogs need you!!!" to both Samantha AND Sara! :p Sounds like TWO people are gettin' a doooo-ooooog!!! Heee-heeeee

Personally, I can't wait to hear BOTH stories!! I'm thinkin' Romeo is gonna have a new roommate (or why do I think he might already??) Hmmm...... And why do I think Sara's bunch might just have to scoot over and cuddle up a little closer, might have to smoosh one more fuzzy white dog in that picture, huh? :rolleyes: She's awfully cute, she'd fit right in with your bunch, she looks like she belongs there..... but then you already know that, don't you! Enablers, unite!!

Ok guys, spill the beans, who's gotta new dog, and we need pix!!!!

sara

Staff member
No I'm way too far away, (dog's in California, I'm in Alberta) and I cant have another dog... 5 is enough. but she suits my pack to a tee. But, if I win the lottery in the next little while, you bet the first thing I'm going to do is go get that dog!

reveuse

soooooooo I went on Thurs to meet her @ the shelter. Spent an hour with her and then another half hour in the parking lot (a certain someone seems to sense when it's time to part ways and then wants to be super affectionate dog towards me). The couple fostering her is super nice - they've named her Whisper and it suits her quite well. She was definetly shy but I gave her time to come to me , chatted a lot with the foster mom about various dog related things... and at the end she told the adoption coordinator that if she could've designed someone for Whisper it would've been me :love:. And then when we were in the parking lot Whisper decided to come sit next to me and was just so so sweet.

Yesterday (friday) , I met them at the park (because I wanted to see her somewhere where she is more comfortable and stuff)... wound up spending the better part of three hours , watching her play and run around etc. Towards leaving time she actually flopped down next to me for a more intense petting session and to EVERYONES surprise she rolled over for me to rub her belly not once but like four times. Foster mom says she only does that for her foster daddy , and very rarely! SO SHOCKED! .... and then when foster dad came back to the park 2 min later , we had him call her to come as he was walking towards --- she was interested but just stayed laying with me petting her and her tail wagging at him she didn't even sit up til he was right near us ......... super shy girl was also fairly social and greeted a few of the people during the park trip. I declined to bring Ro to the park for extremely obvious reasons .

Tuesday after work , Ro & I and trainer and one of her dogs are going to meet Whisper, Foster mom, and foster mom's dog Foxy @ the shelter for a "dog park like setting" playdate in the fenced in yard there. (Foster dad will stay inside to avoid my psychotic off leash morkie of DOOM) (HAHAHAHA) (he IS really loads improved this past month but we haven't started the "off leash" man training yet - its next on the to do list for him actually)......... If they get along nicely in this neutral type setting then wednesday afternoon Whisper and foster mom will come over for an in house playdate.
And then if everyone is getting along nicely ......

well we all know what happens next ...... = happy dance!

she IS going to grow to be larger than I should've picked and might not be little miss agility dog (too early to tell) , but shes special and sweet and i'm very excited!

pics of her to follow - welcoming guesses on the mix... think maybe some lab in there too?

Reactions: Ina

jackienmutts

Honored Member
I had to check in before I went to bed and see if there were any updates - I've been waiting to hear all day!! :) She's soo cute, and if you ask me, I think she's made her decision perfectly clear (and I think you've made yours) - so now 2 down, 1 to go! Have you had a little talk with Mr.Ro yet? Told him he may have a new sister or girlfriend (or ? -- never sure how that family tree shakes out). Maybe if you explain it all to him, how she needs a family and he'd be the one to show her the ropes, etc - if he has a day or two to let that settlle in his little mind, he'll be all convinced and on his best behavior when they meet - ya think?

Good idea to meet in the 'park-like setting' minus the foster dad - don't want Romeo getting all upset over him, when you really need to be able to focus on his relationship/connection with sweet Whisper - and hers with him. I hope they show good likeable interest in each other, that would be wonderful, for all of you! That's great that your trainer can go too - he/she can also watch body language - the more eyes, the better. And I'm bettin' an in-house play-date will be in-store, cuz I bet things will be great! I love the name Whisper, too - that's so cute. Whisper and Romeo - sounds like a really cute couple! :rolleyes: Can't wait to hear!!!!

In the meantime, I'll have my pups start practicing their "happy dance" so they can do it perfectly by Wed afternoon!!