Oh Petfinder... Why Must You Tempt Me So?

reveuse

another beautiful girl..... this one and the first one i posted are my two favorites *stares at sleeping morkie, shhh don't tell on me*

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Shame on you, trying to drag me down with you!!! I'm hooked enough on my own!! xD
Like giving booze to an alcoholic at an AA meeting. :dogwacko:
Lol! Cute dogs though.

Lol....here's the gorgeous boy I'm tempted to check into...

reveuse

mmm pass the wine please!!! or maybe Mud can bring over a beer?!?!

Oh my is he beautiful!!!!! Not to feed the addiction but you should look into him some more - those eyes and that smile *melt*

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol I know, he's so gorgeous. :) Haha, sure Mud will bring the beer! xD
He's not available just yet. I had another dog that I was interested in, much closer to home, and I absolutely fell in loooove with him. He was a retriever/collie mix, absolutely stunning, and perfect for my other two dogs and me. I called and called and sent numerous emails, and FINALLY got a response two weeks after the first email...saying he'd been adopted. Great for him, but I was sooo in love with him. That was only a week ago or so.
But anyway, I'm still kinda looking for that kind of connection...maybe that's silly, but when there are just certain dogs that really grab me. Kimba is super cute, love the kitty ears costume look, but he didn't really grab me. But nonetheless, keeping an eye on him. He is such a cutie, looks like a lot of fun.
I'm not actually definitely "looking," just browsing, and when one comes along, I check it on it to see if he would fit my pack....
Like you, I have certain requirements.
-Needs to be male
-Needs to be low/medium drive
-MUST be middle of the road or submissive personality
-Kinda looking for 1 yr+. I loooove pups, but I don't think now is the best time for me to have a little puppy(no matter how much I would LOOVE to have a little 12 week old BC fluffball).

Border Collies just have a way of stealing your heart. ^^

reveuse

I understand the connection thing.......... that's how I wound up with Ro........ when I first was looking for a dog I looked for a while..... I wanted a girl.... and something small enough that I could travel/take places , and also something low allergy. But especially a girl. But I saw him and it was just LOVE ... I spend that evening and most of the next day trying to talk myself out of it and I just couldn't .
- he picked me out lol

A second one seems a lot harder (for reasons we've already talked about in the puppy craving thread )....
I want :
Girl , has to be middle of the road personality wise , preferably something fairly high energy, around 1 year (same thing about not being a great time for a puppy puppy as well as needing some careful personality assessing - for Ro's sake I don't think I could do two maneaters at the same time.......!), and pereferably on the smaller end of the spectrum beacuse although we will be out and about exercising a LOT my apartment isn't like super huge.....

I am wondering if at first Ro is going to wind up being herded a bit - squirrel style...

sara

Staff member
Petfinder is my DOWNFALL, bad, BAD petfinder! That's how I ended up with my 5th mutt! I think they should develop a 12 step program for our particular addiction??? LOL

sara

Staff member
but do we really want to be cured?!? :dogsmile:​
YES!!!!!!!!! for the next, oh say, 7-10 years! I wont mind falling off the wagon after that!

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
LOL...
Petfinder Addicts Support Group
We keep your dog food bill from growing. 12 step program to help you learn how to stop searching for yet another dog. Positive methods only.

ROFL.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, why of course!
Clicks for going to any website that does not involve dogs needing homes. :)

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
xD Lol, heck if I know....I'm as bad off as all of you! Not entirely sure that members of this site are the best candidates for running a Petfinder Addicts Support Group. ^^