Oh gosh guys, I'm so so sorry! =(

luna may

I can't believe how much time I haven't been here…
See, my PC died. Deceased. Perished. Went caput. A long, agonizing way to a true, absolute, utter and total caputness. Some stupid virus seems to have eaten it up for breakfast. Witch meant that, for the last three weeks or so, I was unconnected to the world.
I'm really sorry.
Anyways, I had a peep into the site now and then, when I went to a friends' house, or on that one time when the computer decided to have a go of revival, making me go ecstatic and telling the whole world about the miraculous rebirth of my machine (or it's zombieness, whichever you prefer…), only to shut down when I opened my emails. Pure evil. You could practically hear the little electronic bug laughing it's little head off. I mean, seriously… Is that what you woke up from your coma for?!
I always knew my PC hated me. *Fuming*
I have to calm down.
Okay. As I said, when I had the chance, I looked at some of the new threads you all wrote, and occasionally (Lo and behold, wicked machine! You can't defeat me!) actually POSTED in the forums. And when I did, a few things ocurred:
A. I caught up with things going around here, which was great.
B. I "saw" you guys again, which was also great =)
C. I hysterically checked my mail (Which, surprisingly, also had a pretty strong connection to the DTA! More about that in a sec.)
Oh, and if anyone's interested, I had 79 new mails in my inbox =\
D. I realized that I really missed you guys, and owe you an apology for not being here for so long. So I guess that here it is ^x^

About the letter I got, I have only one response:
YES! YES! YES! OMG I'D LOVE TO!!!!! YAY!!!! (and so on ;] )
Rereading, I see I didn't make any sense. Nm, 'cause the lift's off my shoulders =P

Long live the DTA! =D

P.S: Seing as I wrote this on a wierd spur-of-the-moment, I have no idea how it turned out, or if it made any sense. I hope non of you freaked out from the un-logicness of it all ;P
Have a really great day!!! ^x^

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!!! Great post, glad to see you back! :dogsmile:

Have you tried using an anti-virus? I recently changed anti-virus and the new program detected over 35 infected files which the old anti-virus wasn't detecting.

The one I bought was Avira, and it seems to do a very good job. :)

l_l_a

good to see you again!!

yeah I know how surreal it feels when you are cut off from the internet for that long! I would've gone crazy!!!

hope your computer is fixed now...!!

yoyopoodle

I was wondering what kind of trouble you were in, lol!

I know what you mean about computers crashing... I had one that fried when lightning over-did the surge protector, another that somehow 'blew-up' - boom, fire, smoke... the whole nine yards. Then I had one that stopped turning on - most times I could get it after pushing the power button in varying sequences for 5+ minutes (can you say OCD? ;) ), but other times I couldn't get it for days. I eventually stopped turning it off, but the power went out one day... it hasn't peeped since :(

Welcome back! :)

hivin

Hi and Welcome back, don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting ... nice to meet ya!

We know about PC's dying out ... just had the same thing happen and just got back to posting again too. You're post made perfect sense.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!

Take care: Hivin

luna may

Thank you, all of you, for the warm welcome-backs. I think I'll be away more often! Jusk kidding lol. Never again xD
Have you tried using an anti-virus? I recently changed anti-virus and the new program detected over 35 infected files which the old anti-virus wasn't detecting.
Sounds good to me, I'll look for it =)

yeah I know how surreal it feels when you are cut off from the internet for that long! I would've gone crazy!!!
Well, I think that tapping the PC vigrously and shouting "WAKE UP, YOU STUPID MACHINE!!!" could be considered as going crazy, so you are deffinitley not alone ;)

Yoyo and Storm- thanks for your lovely replies, it means a lot ^-^

Hivin- Pleasure meeting you! I think we'll se each other around the forums quite a lot, which would be great, because you seem like a really nice person (sort of like the rest of people on the site... Hehehe :doghappy:. I think that it's amazing how this site consists of only wonderful people, as if all the not-so-nice people get filtered out mysteriously. Lol :doglaugh: )
And thanks for the welcome as well- and actually, now that I think of it, here's a *really belated* welcome for joining the site: Here you go =) :welcome:

You guys all rock- gotta love DTA! :love:

E

emmasmamma

Welcome back. I know I can always count on you to bring a smile to my face. (wether you make sense or not:msngiggle:) I was away for a bit too. My husband had to be admitted to the hospital and had major abdominal surgery, so I was splitting all my time between work, being at the hospital with him and sleep. It's always good to be in touch with the DTA!

luna may

Szecsuani, Emma- "I know I can always count on you to bring a smile to my face" as well. Both of you are wonderful :doghappy:

Emma- is your husband OK?

And lastly, as I have about half a second before rushing away from the computer: "It's always good to be in touch with the DTA!" may as well be my newly adopted motto, sharing it's place with a wise thing a friend once told me: "Save the earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!!!"

jasperaliceuk

Experienced Member
Hi - welcome back. I would have serious withdrawal problems if my computer crashed - however, thankfully there are another two in the house if I can wrestle them off my daughter and husband!

Sue

luna may

jasperaliceuk;8439 said:
Hi - welcome back. I would have serious withdrawal problems if my computer crashed - however, thankfully there are another two in the house if I can wrestle them off my daughter and husband!

Sue

Hehehe. Thanks, Sue. :D