Nod your head

twobigfeets

I have taught my dog to do this and have a video of him doing it on youtube. Just search for Moses Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. I cannot post links on here yet. But I waited for him to put his head down and clicked it. Then I waited again and when I did not click the first head down he offered it again and again.

leema

twobigfeets;9636 said:
I have taught my dog to do this and have a video of him doing it on youtube. Just search for Moses Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever. I cannot post links on here yet. But I waited for him to put his head down and clicked it. Then I waited again and when I did not click the first head down he offered it again and again.
That's a great suggestion!
On my to-do list. ;)

hockey390

I might try it the way you mentioned... I started out training by just using a treat in hand and moved it up and down in front of my dogs face and clicked after 2 nods. Slowly I moved my hand further away and then eliminated the treat, but she still hasn't offered the trick, so we will see how it goes with your method.

twobigfeets

I actually taught it to him whilst lying on the couch in the lounge room. He is not allowed in the lounge room, so I have to actually throw the treat to him. He is also a very clicker savvy dog.
[media]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=MY6TLmTWI0M[/media]

Have had a look at my post and it doesn't seem to work you need to go directly to youtube and search for Moses Nod