New tricks video of 4yo and 14mo puppy

snooks

Experienced Member
I just got back to training after being unable to move my arm since Sept after right shoulder reconstruction. My signals aren't what they should be yet b/c I can't move my arm well but the dogs don't mind, maybe a little confused at the difference. This is our latest effort and doesn't address all of my 4yo's repertoire but she'll forgive me. The 4yo Chisholm is just learning weaves with big signals and puppy Kimber is new to weaves and 8's.

Our next goals are reverse throughs and more fluid weaves and 8's. We got a new camera for xmas and this is the test drive.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7anhdPpPAV4[/media]

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Yay a Snooks vid!!! Lol.

Aww, Chizzy and Kimber are quite the pair. (Lol, sorry, "Chizzy" just kind of came to me.) Kimber cracked me up with the camera..."Wait a second, nobody told me this would be filmed! I didn't sign up for that...where's my agent? This is a private lesson!" Hehe....my Zekers is rreeeeeaaaallly camera shy. He's a goof...up until just recently, if I simply pulled a camera out(even my phone), he'd do everything he could to avoid it. He was rather spooky about cameras. Now he's not so bad though.

Nice work Snooks!! Keep it up with Kimber and Chisholm. (Chizzy...hehe it just works for me. ;) )

jasperaliceuk

Experienced Member
Smashing video - his weaves amused me - he takes his time - bit like my dog - I do wonder whether he'll achieve collie speed! Mind you - if he did go any faster I expect I'd end up on the floor.

Do you set your camera up on a tripod or have someone doing it?

Sue

CollieMan

Experienced Member
jasperaliceuk;14536 said:
he takes his time - bit like my dog - I do wonder whether he'll achieve collie speed!
If you compare him to my collie, I'll bet he's surpassed collie speed! :) Ellie is awfully slow on a leg weave.

Nice video by the way. I can't wait until the weather improves here a little so we can get the video out again. She's learnt so much since our last one. You're very lucky to have an apparently food-motivated dog. You could wave a 16oz steak in front of Ellie and still get no reaction. It has to be a ball/frisbee or it's no deal. :)

snooks

Experienced Member
Thanks very much. Feel free to give tips or advice, as you can see work in progress. And Chizzy is what we call Chisholm. Though the receptionist at the vet reads her name off as Kiss-ole-mea, I guess reading isn't her thing. LOL Usually Chizzy or gets her attention much better. :dogbiggrin: I felt a little Egyptian with a dog that big weaving. The exaggerated hand gestures szecsuani suggested helped but looks a little funny with my limited shoulder. When she added that hop I had to laugh and not trip. Much laughs from hubby on that. She'll fly through weave poles so I'm betting she'll speed up.

I think all Goldens are food Motivated. Some people in class think I'm spoiling them by baking chicken but it's really a lowfat lower cal food than their soft bought treats. I'd have butterballs if I fed them snausages to train.

Collieman I hear you about the weather, I woke up to a blizzard today with drifts on my deck and the windows iced over on the house and a white out. I think today the dogs can go play in the snow while I watch. Outside practice for today aborted.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, funny that you all mentioned weave speeds....when I first taught Mud the leg weave, she would do several strides flawlessly in a matter of minutes... But, the trick was new to me and I nearly fell several times because my little speed demon was flying through my legs! Lol. Rusty on the other hand is a middle-of-the-road kind of guy and doesn't go too fast or slow. :)

Hahaha...my dog's names are read quite easily at the vet's office, but new people quite often stumble a bit with "Mudflap," and then repeat it like maybe it's a typo, "Mudflap??" Lol.

snooks

Experienced Member
I can see where mudflap would get some attention. :doglaugh: I think it's a great name. esp for a TX girl like us. You gotta be there. LOL

yvonne

This is just fabulous. I have such a big smile on my face right now. Oh how I love to see dogs working. Well done you!!

shaktishiloh

GREAT JOB Snooks! Congratulations! Your puppy is beautiful, very smart and he wants to please you so much! :) You've done a terrific job with both training and with the creative part of making this movie! Can't wait to see more!:dogbiggrin:

snooks

Experienced Member
Thanks very much everyone. It's not often in life I come across something so rewarding AND fun. :dogsmile: