New Trick Vids (includes Service Tasks, and Yo-Yo Trick)

yoyopoodle

Here is a video I recently put together of Charlie doing a bunch of different things... opening the fridge, closing doors, bringing my cell phone when I fall, taking in the laundry...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUlZviq4-Jw[/media]

I also just uploaded a video of him learning a yo-yo trick... someone wondered about my username, and whether my Poodles can actually yo-yo. They can now :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkY4MObry1U[/media]

In an effort to get more subscribers, I'm currently posting a video every evening for 21 days - more info about that in the description for the yo-yo video.

Enjoy :)

-Jillian

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Nice videos, lol at the ending on the yoyo trick, I found the fast speed hilarious. :D

yoyopoodle

Haha... the whole fast speed video is here:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arDcf3Xsojk[/media]I was going to make a whole day, but I could barely handle 6-8am! :dogwacko:

snooks

Experienced Member
thanks for the inspiration

This AM I had 25 minutes to chop chicken before the 13 yo neighbor comes to help me train my two service dogs--one older but too shy for public (but well-trained for assisting at home), younger learning and doing great--certified when she matures a little more. I wracked my brains and can't find my all of my still packed training books from our move over a year ago.

Wait it gets worse. Dogs and teenager bored with even my most innovative-both dogs progress good on go to bed and wait while people come in. Last session the dogs even remembered a pivot they wouldn't do before my first shoulder surgery last sept. DARN! Very smart tho they both did it to perfection. Easter eggs in basket old and done.

I have an idea. Lots of good tricks here and we know loads of them here already. But you have been busy and off a bit-then i was off for my shoulder surgery. Jillian and Charlie to the rescue. Long way to say GREAT videos and I love Charlie...also the name of my first poodle.

We did dog tugging the laundry basket by shaping and both teen and dogs are fascinated. I also liked the Charlie under the table so we improvised and did dog in a suitcase. I had not thought about helping me CARRY the laundry-only dragging. We had a great training day. Teenager made $10/hour (a steal for me) for throwing balls and being my hands. And dogs are tired and happy tonight. I didn't know u had subscribers so will enjoy looking more tomorrow.

I got word late today from her mom that the teen is teaching my tricks to her two golden-doodles. She's also competing in agility so I'm teaching a few little hints with my mini equipment. We had a great training day and another young positive trainer is shaping up. Thanks for the imaginative boost.

:dogrolleyes:

yoyopoodle

Thank you Snooks - I'm glad to have given you some ideas :) Awesome that you have an 'assistant'! Sounds like she is already a more advanced trainer than many people ever aspire to be, and I'm sure when she gets older she'll be one of those people that everyone flocks to for dog advice ;)

Also... lol

I loved the last two posts on dog intelligence, but I'm guessing they are meant for another thread? I just want to make sure that people get to read them...

-Jillian

snooks

Experienced Member
Yes those posts went to another thread--don't know how they got here. Looking to move them now. Indeed the 13yo is a great trainer partly because she has no preconceived notions or predjudice about dog behavior. AND she listens to direction. Hence this 90 soft spoken girl gets what she wants from both dogs because she is able to ignore the incorrect and reward the correct. I do truly thank u for the great work and sharing it.