New toys on a budget!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Ey, if anyone out there has a dog like mine that really enjoys NEW toys, we found out at Salvation Army/Good Will stores, the toys are only about 50 cents each, :msnhugegrin:some of the fanciest toys are up to $3, but still, much cheaper than a store. They have TONS of toys there, just tons. And it is kinda supporting a good agency besides.

Buddy does not mind at all that these toys are a little worn, but many are like new. Plus, maybe they have new interesting scents on them for Buddy. Buddy likes all kindsa toys, stuffed ones, rubber ones, dolls, balls, all kindsa toys. Squeak-toys rule, though.

We brought Mr. Buddy home a toy, was Tonka school bus, rubber-y foam-filled bus on very very durable wheels, almost a foot tall, yellow with purple wheels, that makes various noises depending on where on the bus he bites it. He loves that toy. Just loves it. If you ever see this Tonka rubber-y school bus, get one for your dog and sit back and enjoy the show!:dogbiggrin: Was a huge hit.

Also, we rotate his toys, he only gets about 1/3 of his toys, and every few days, we swap out some other 1/3 of his toys, so he doesn't get bored of them as fast.
Except we leave his favorites with him all the time, :dogwub:just the other toys get swapped around.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
We brought Mr. Buddy home a toy, was Tonka school bus, rubber-y foam-filled bus on very very durable wheels, almost a foot tall, yellow with purple wheels, that makes various noises depending on where on the bus he bites it. He loves that toy. Just loves it. If you ever see this Tonka rubber-y school bus, get one for your dog and sit back and enjoy the show! Was a huge hit.
LOL I wish I had one of those! :)

mojopup

Tuesday Morning is a great place to find cheap dog toys, leashes, bowls, etc. They are all brand new and much cheaper than pet store prices. Their inventory is unpredictable and varies from location to location and as such it is not a practical place to go if you have something particular in mind. But so much fun if you just want to see what treasure you can dig up.

Blue is chewing on a big budda bone that we got earlier today for $1.49. He doesn't seem to mind that I got it at closeout prices. : )

Shelley

katznk9

Wow, thanks for the tip about Tuesday Morning. I've seen advertisements for that store but haven't checked them out yet.