New To The Site

istuart

Hello everyone! We have 2 dogs. Zeus, a 9 year old male Rat Terrier, and Fannie, a 2 year old female chihuahua/ dachshund mix (who is much more dachshund than chihuahua). I've had Zeus since he was about 1 1/2 years old. His obedience training has just happened naturally over time and he's pretty well behaved. Fannie has been with us for about 6 weeks now. Her previous family had to give her up because their son was allergic to dogs. Aside from being house trained, Fannie arrived with no obedience training. She is the sweetest dog, very intelligent but high energy, often stubborn and difficult to refocus. Thus far we've worked on improving her walking on a leash and are working on mastering "sit". I've been looking for training information and discovered this site which seems to have a lot of good people and great advice. I really do believe that my small dogs should not have "small dog syndrome" so I'm looking forward to learning how to work effectively with Fannie.

MaryK

Honored Member
Welcome!:) I have a Blue Heeler named Zeus, small world, we know good dog names don't we:D Peruse the site, there's masses of really helpful information and jump in and ask questions on any problems you may have. Give as much information as you can if asking a question, that way we can give detailed advice:)

Dogster

Honored Member
Welcome to DTA!!!!:) We'd love to see some pictures of your dogs!!! If you need help or advice, that's what we're here for!!! Don't worry, most of us don't bite.;):D

Honored Member
Welcome.
I also have a small dog (Pug X) and she definitly does not have "small dog syndrome", it's amazing how often people say she is "just like a big dog but small" (those comments kind of annoy me actually because there is no reason that she shouldn't be well behaved).
You really can teach your little dogs all the same stuff as the bigger dogs you just have to bend more :LOL: