New Puppy

CollieMan

Experienced Member
You know, I have always wondered how Silvia teaches heel as almost (if not all the dogs) I see that she works with or influence directly, have ana amazing heel. Now I know! Thanks for that.

xsara

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I have to make a new tricks video as well, she learns so fast it's insane.
I made a new blog for her: PyrShep Tani if anyone is interested to stop by :)

snooks

Experienced Member
:dogbiggrin:VERY nice indeed. thanks!!!!! Great blog and site for Tani-must go look at it in more detail !!

xsara

Here is a new video of Silvia's puppy class, featuring Tani and her cute and clever school buddies :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WPzMzBC3Zc[/media][/media]

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Oh I can't even begin to explain how terribly envious I am of you Barby! Lol. I bet her puppy class is absolutely amazing. There is NOTHING that even comes close to that here in terms of quality. You're so lucky! :)

Keep the videos coming; I'm hooked!!! Loving them and making tooons of notes for my upcoming BC pup next summer.

xsara

Here is also Tani's part 4 of puppy tricks - many tricks are the same as in Silvia's video, but I wanted to make a video just of her anyway. Cannot believe that she's almost 5 months old already - time sure flies, specially when you're having fun :)
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whrfyYG_sDk[/MEDIA]

I realize how lucky we are to have Silvia around. She is not only an amazing trainer but also an amazing person. We're definitely big fans of her and her dogs!

tx_cowgirl: congratulations!!! Cannot wait to see your puppy tricks videos :) Puppies are so much fun and they always have the most brilliant ideas:doglaugh:

szecsuani

Experienced Member
They are lovely videos!

I'm madly in love with pyrsheps, and I just love what you are doing with your dogs! :)
Keep going, it's great!!
And Tani looks sooo cute!! :)

And I just want to meet Silvia at least once in my life, I adore what she's doing. :)
I can't wait to start competing in agility, Slovenia is not that far from us, so maybe we'll meet on a competition once inthe future! :D

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Loving the vids as always. ^^

I really like how Silvia's puppy class is so...unconventional. So many puppy classes focus solely on obedience, with no interest in body awareness or anything beyond basic commands. Hers seems to be geared towards developing a very well-rounded dog who is physically and mentally prepared for anything you plan to do with him/her. I've already discussed this with my trainer who will be working with me and the future BC pup and she's looking forward to it. She does a lot of that with her own pups but not with her classes(curriculum, ugh).

Thanks Barby. ^^ I'm really excited. Got a long time to wait though, which is fine. Just tolerating the puppy love until then. ;)

xsara

We've been to a competition near Budapest last year. I think Silvia probably competes in Hungary more often than I do, so you have a pretty good chance to run into her.

Puppy classes here in general are not all about obedience, but Silvia is the best of course :) She really can see things from the dog's point of view and she really helps you understand your dog. She is a proof that everything can be done with positive reinforcement only, sometimes you just need a lot of patience, but it's still possible.

fickla

Experienced Member
Out of curiosity how often do you meet for Silvia's puppy classes? Are they the typical one night per week for 6-8wks?

szecsuani

Experienced Member
xsara;17965 said:
We've been to a competition near Budapest last year. I think Silvia probably competes in Hungary more often than I do, so you have a pretty good chance to run into her.

Puppy classes here in general are not all about obedience, but Silvia is the best of course :) She really can see things from the dog's point of view and she really helps you understand your dog. She is a proof that everything can be done with positive reinforcement only, sometimes you just need a lot of patience, but it's still possible.

Which competition have you been to? :msnwink:
I think we will bump into each other someday, once I'll strat competing.... :LOL:

xsara

IABC (International All Breeds Cup), I think the place was Szolnok or something like that. It was raining for the entire weekend, but Xsara ran great anyway - she even got a rosette in the Open class.