New Puppy

xsara

Xsara and I are also getting a new puppy :) She is a beautiful little pyrenean shepherd girl, blue merle with very nice colouring. Her mom is Pecquelette de Loubajac (also mom of Silvia's La) and her dad is HobNob's Victor from Sweden. We're going to get her from her native Pyrennees in two weeks (February 22. is the date). We will attend Silvia's puppy school, so there should be a lot of puppy tricks videos comming up! :msngiggle:

snooks

Experienced Member
How absolutely wonderful, congratulations. There should indeed be loads of tricks coming our way. Please do post some pics when you get your sweetie home. :dogbiggrin:

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Good for you, Barbie. I bet Xsara is going to love that! I can't wait to see the videos and the photos.

szecsuani

Experienced Member
I really envy you, not just becouse you will have a pyrenean shepherd, but also because you have the opportunity to train with Silvia. :)
Just joking. :)
Good luck and a lot of happiness for the little one! :)

xsara

We've been veeeery busy, but we managed to make the first puppy tricks video for Tani (that's how we call our little girl, it's short for Katana cause we named her after a sportive motor bike). There are only a few tricks in the video, she actually knows a lot more but we filmed it on one session and I didn't want to confuse her with too many things. I will include them in part 2, hopefully very soon :)

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNDPVANcfus[/MEDIA]

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Yay, I've been waiting for a vid of the new addition. ^^

Very cute!!! Looks like she's doing wonderfully. She's adorable. Keep up the good work! Can't wait for the next vid.

Wonder if she'll be the crazy speed demon La is, lol! :dogwub:

xsara

She is a little speed demon alright! I'm absolutely crazy about her, and happy that Xsara loves her too. It's so nice to see them play together, they are very good friends. I'll try to make the part 2 video this weekend, we have a trial on Saturday but maybe we'll be able to do it on Sunday.

snooks

Experienced Member
How awesome and CUTE. Wait who's filming? Was that Xsara running the camera? :doglaugh: Great shaping work..!!

stormi

Awww...she is adorable. Many Congratulations! She looks to be one smart little girl!

The 'get in' is soooo cute. How did you encourage her to do that?

xsara

I try to do most tricks by free shaping, meaning that I just sit and wait for every step in the right direction.

Here is part 2 :)

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythHC6_WwrQ[/MEDIA]

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Very nice. Such a smart little girl!! And you're doing wonderfully with her. Can't wait till the next vid!!!! :D

xsara

Unlike Xsara, she offers hundreds of behaviors at the same time. She has brilliant ideas. Xsara will only try one thing and move on after a while if it doesn't work, but still they do everything on their own. It's so hard for me to explain how I teach a particular trick. It seems like I don't really do anything, they just pick it up somehow. It took Tani about 3 seconds to get in a bowl, I didn't do anything at all, she just got in and I clicked. So I guess I might not be such a great trainer, I just have brilliant dogs :)

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Your puppy is so cute xsara, and obviously very smart. I love watching her in your video. Thanks so much for sharing! :)

xsara

Thank you, Jean!

Finally part 3 of Tani's tricks:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9EWr0KrFfE
[/media]

I don't know why the music stops before the end of the video, but Youtube has become so strict about audio copyrights and I couldn't find any suitable songs in their library, so this will have to do it ...

xsara

We made a new video for those who want to know how we learn the "heel" position in Silvia's puppy school. I am very happy with this method so far.
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97a2JT_6sX4[/MEDIA]

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Wow I really like this method. Never thought of using pivoting in teaching heel. Have to give it a shot... Great vid! You two are doing great. She's growing so fast!