New member with border collie type female

tparker

I am Tom Parker and have an about 1 year old ? border collie? female about 40 pounds who is really starting to become a real family member after a few rough months.
We had a trainer show us how to harness her energy and teach her some discipline but we need to work with her more than we are.
Lily is said to have come from West Virginia but all other info is speculation as we acquirer her from an animal welfare place.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Welcome to DTA Tom! I have a BC as well as a BC/Australian Cattle Dog(among others, including Rusty, featured in my signature). They definitely need a place for all that energy! :) Trick training, regular exercise, games, and sports have all been great for my dogs. Sure keeps me in shape! Lol. I wish you luck with your girl, and hope you enjoy the site!

tparker

The Border Collie ????? Question marks mean I don't really know what she is but I posted her picture today and maybe you can tell me what you think....Thanks!!!!

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Lol, I know you were just saying that you thought she might be a BC. ^^ Just saying that I am a BC owner, that's all. I will take a look at her pic. =)

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Correct, I do see at least some BC in her...however, hair can be deceiving, and from the looks of it she has quite a bit. ^^ Lol. Also, she's at an odd angle. But I do see BC. You see her everyday, so it may be easier for you to see the shape of her structure. Pictures however, especially of dogs, are a bit trickier. So the rest of her, from the angle of the pic, is a bit...blurred in my head. The BC is coming to me, but the rest I personally can't determine as of yet. Perhaps some other members here can figure her out?
She's a pretty one. ^^

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Good point. We have very few English Shepherds where I live--I think I've seen a grand total of 2 in my lifetime. Never would have guessed. ^^ She does look like and English Shepherd, though, you're right. I think I would vote partial English Shepherd from that angle...seems to have a slight difference.