New Feline Friends

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Today we welcomed two new kittens to the household--one roughly 3-4 months, the other closer to 6 or 8. The dogs haven't met them yet but I'm not too concerned. Mud and Nick have been missing Tanner, my cat who passed away earlier last year. A friend of mine had a farm cat who found a tom, and along came kittens...lol. So, Remington(Remmy) and Benelli(Elli) are happily snoozing right now. Remmy(formerly called "Rooster") is quite the character. He's very laid back, and very personable. Elli is also very friendly, and extremely outgoing. She loves being snuggled and her favorite place to be is in someone's arms. Lol. They are both very sweet and I think they will fit in wonderfully. I'm anxious to see how the dogs react to the new little ones, and we'll see tomorrow. These two will be my first time clicker training cats. Tanner knew a few tricks, but wasn't clicker trained. This will be a learning experience. :)

snooks

Experienced Member
Oh yay you finally got the kitties. Neat. I've never had cats because of allergies but I love their hide and play behavior. So you're going to click the kittens??? I'd love to hear how that goes.

yvonne

I love cats and kittens! I am so pleased for you :) Good luck with their clicker training, I bet they get on fabulously.

Last Monday I had to have my cat put to sleep. He was diabetic with kidney and liver failure. There was nothing that could be done for him :(

Fudge was blind and so had no fear of dogs. He couldnt run so they couldnt chase him. Dude is missing his friend terribly.

So if I have been a bit quiet this week, you know why.

snooks

Experienced Member
Oh Yvonne I'm so sorry to read about Fudge. He must have been such a dear and beloved friend. Please accept my condolences and my pups send a soft tail wag. I bet Buddy does miss his friend. I'm glad you have one another to console.

yvonne

Thanks Snooks and Sue,

Happily Dude is recovering and has regained his appetite now though I am still finding life difficult without a cat at 'heel' all the time. He used to follow my footsteps all the time so I find I am looking down for him constantly.

At least he isnt suffering.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Dearest apologies Yvonne. I do hope the two of you cope well.

On a happy note, Remmy and Elli met the dogs today. Nick and Mud were very happy...Mud was so excited she almost couldn't contain herself. Lol. ^^ The kittens, on the other hand...well, they were less enthused. Elli was the first to initiate play but was hissy at first of course. They act like they want to play though, so we're off to a good start. :) The dogs were definitely happy to meet their kitty companions. So far so good! Snooks, I will keep everyone posted on my kitty clicking experiences. ;) Wish me luck!

yvonne

tx_cowgirl;15353 said:
Dearest apologies Yvonne. I do hope the two of you cope well.

On a happy note, Remmy and Elli met the dogs today. Nick and Mud were very happy...Mud was so excited she almost couldn't contain herself. Lol. ^^ The kittens, on the other hand...well, they were less enthused. Elli was the first to initiate play but was hissy at first of course. They act like they want to play though, so we're off to a good start. :) The dogs were definitely happy to meet their kitty companions. So far so good! Snooks, I will keep everyone posted on my kitty clicking experiences. ;) Wish me luck!
Thanks for thinking about us all. Everyone has been so kind :)

I cant wait to hear all about the adventures your kittens have with your dogs. I have always kept both dogs and cats and find they really do make excellent companions for each other.

Keep us posted re the clicker training :) xx

maven

Congratulations on the new kitties! I know it's always very exciting to get a new pet. I am very interested in how the clicker training goes with the cats. One of the things that I've read is that you can have your cats in the room while you clicker train your dogs and the cats will learn the tricks by just watching.

I'm very interested to see how it goes -- maybe you can post up some videos too :)

Yvonne, I'm terribly sorry to hear about Fudge. Be gentle with yourself the next few weeks.