New Camera, New Computer, New Software... Trick Video's Here We Come!!!

sara

Staff member
So for Christmas this past year, my family got together and bought me a new camera... with HD video capabilities! Then my old computer crashed.... So a couple of weeks after Christmas, I had to buy a new computer, which didn't have any video editing software (my Mac came with minimum editing capabilities, PC's DO NOT) So today, I went out and bought a bigger memory card, and video editing software.... FUN, so now, I'm up at, almost 3 installing it, then I'll be playing tonight

I hope to get some new video's of my dogs' tricks together this weekend. My old ones are over 1.5 years old!

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats! :) Video recording is fun, editing ... not so much. :) But it's great to take a trick and you can have it as a memory for ever. I watch tricks I recorded 5-6 years ago and I still like them very much.

jazmataz

Cool! I can't wait to see your videos too! I agree with Jean! The recording is much more enjoyable than the editing! However- once you have them recorded, it's priceless memories. :)

sara

Staff member
OK, how's this for a first attempt???

a couple of Oliver's tricks, with Mouse and Boo as audience :)

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Oliver is cute. ^^ He looks like quite the little troublemaker. All you people with dogs who know they have back legs.
Did Mud miss the meeting for this or what???
Lol 2:25...if I give kisses do I have to put my foot on the box? Haha, in several other parts of the video too...do kisses get me out of working, Mom?
What I'd give to know what Mouse and Boo are thinking through all this...

sara

Staff member
Oliver is cute. ^^ He looks like quite the little troublemaker. All you people with dogs who know they have back legs. :dognowink: Did Mud miss the meeting for this or what???
Lol 2:25...if I give kisses do I have to put my foot on the box? Haha, in several other parts of the video too...do kisses get me out of working, Mom?
What I'd give to know what Mouse and Boo are thinking through all this...:dogwub:
Mouse and Boo were wondering when it was their turns, and why the heck Ollie was getting all that attention without them! Mouse has a good solid stay... Boo, not so much! but they got regular rewards for staying, so he was grudgingly willing to hang out LOL

Ollie is a big trouble maker... yesterday he ate a hole in my pillow while we were sleeping... uggh I'm not sure how Ollie figured out he has back legs, but he really got the idea when I started teaching him to back up onto a box... if you notice in the video, when he's backing up without a box behind him, he lift's up his back leg, like he's searching for the box behind him? that's what gave me the idea! I taught him to lift his back foot up while I was filming!

Ollie almost seems to need to give kisses for reassurance, I think, his not mine LOL. almost like "am I doing good?" He's a silly puppy! I'm glad I thought to do and film a free shaping session, I've had several people ask me about it recently, it's nice to be able to give an example!

sara

Staff member
Oooh a shaping video. Nicely done Sara!
Thank you! You do realize I edited out all the mistakes right? LOL except the free shaping part, I left that au natural! I'd never done that one with him before, that was all new.