New Beagle/Pom hybrid owner

bom abigirls mom

Hello! Glad I found this place... looking for anyone else who may have a "Bom"

She is a Beagle/Pomeranian Hybrid --
She is 4 months old now, weighs 8.8 pounds, and looks like a little beagle, and CERTAINLY has the keen smell that a beagle would have!

Abigirl came to us from friends whose teenage son purchased her at Christmas from a mall pet store, then they realized they did not have time to care for her...

So we offered to puppy sit, and well..... it looks like she is staying here at the ranch with us!

We are deeply in serious puppy love and have been amazed at how incredibly intelligent she is for 4 months old. She potty trained for me in 3 days at the age of 3 months. She now masters Sit, Fetch, Shake, Come, Leave it, and gimme 5 was her latest trick. She is AWESOME- gentle and well behaved.
Hoping I could connect with a few others who own this wonderful little breed.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Congrats on the new pup and how well her training is going! Have fun with Abigirl, and welcome to the site!!! She's very pretty. ^^

Hmm...did I see the word "ranch" in there somewhere?? :dogwub: Do I perhaps see another country girl coming to DTA? Lol. :doghappy:

bom abigirls mom

Hi tx_cowgirl. Yep, we have a little spot here in the country- we enjoy it so much. Lots of room to roam and sniff... Abigirl is such a little thing, tho, she does not go out by herself- we have great horned owls in the woods and I am sure she would make a nice lunch for them if she was unattended.... I had a friend who had a small beagle who had a close call with a great-horned, so we are careful.

bom abigirls mom

thanks trix! welcome to you too then!
I think I will really enjoy this place. I chat on the BirdsandBlooms.com site too, have been chatting there for 6 yrs. But it is nice to have a place to talk about our new puppy- where people REALLY understand about dogs!

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Oh good, a link to your website...will be checking that out!
Lol, definitely wouldn't want your pup snatched up by an owl. Around here we don't have many of those, lol, but even if we did....63 pound Rusty would be quite a load! :dogbiggrin:

CollieMan

Experienced Member
Welcome to the DTA. That's quite an unusual breed mix isn't it? I've certainly never come across it before.

bom abigirls mom

Collieman- yes, I think it is one of the new "designer breeds" - we did not purchase her, she came to us thru friends whose son bought her at the mall for Christmas (NOT what we would have done!) but they had no time for her, and we started keeping her to help them out--...to make a long story short.... We have PERMANENT custody of her now. Papers are on their way to us! yay!
She is darling and smart- I don't think she will weigh more than 12 pounds at maturity.

bom abigirls mom

I don't thiink the LINK posted below is working to direct you to our webpage, so you will just have to TYPE it into your browser. sorry.