New Addition To The Family

LeviTheOutlaw

Hello Everyone,
I used to post on here often, but life had gotten so busy I haven't had a chance in awhile.
Well, I'm back and have a new addition. His name is Odie, he's a 7 week old lab mix.
Xena, my boston terrier and Levi, my aussie mix, were not too sure about him at first but they are warming up quickly.
I can't believe I am starting with another puppy all over again, not to mention we are fitting 3 dogs and 2 cats in our little house. Thank goodness for a big yard.
With Levi, I didn't get serious about training as soon as I should have, but this time is gonna be different. I am getting an early start, so here's to this being a good year.
Odie.jpg

emmanef

He is so cute! It is never to early to start training. Anyway, they are learning 24/7 from our interactions with them.

MissyBC

Experienced Member
Congratulations on your new addition!! He's too cute for words!! (That photo is just precious!)

Don't take training your new pooch too seriously as I did with Missy and stressed her right out! She didn't even want to go to class anymore. I had to desensitize her to the building and everything before continuing.

Want to know what I mean about Missy being stressed out? She would throw up and not walk one step into the room with me... that was no fun! :cry:

Nothing bad happened to her in class... it's just that she felt my excited energy as Agility was just around the corner... I was thinking too far ahead too soon.

Keep it fun and you'll hit your relationship off on the right paw no doubt about it!! (y)

LeviTheOutlaw

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Thanks for all the comments. We are very happy to have Odie join the family. We are not training hard. Right now just working on crate and potty training and what is and is not ok to chew. I also worked on sit a couple times with him, but just because I was working with the other 2 and he wanted in on the action.

LeviTheOutlaw

Lisa,

I just found the Tempest Weekly postings. What a great idea.
Odie is so sweet and funny, but man!! I almost forgot how much work it is to have a little one. I haven't slept more then 4 hours at one time since we got him last week. And Levi is still not sure what to do with him. He has been acting like a middle child lol.

sara

Staff member
Awe! He's ADORABLE!!!!

But I seriously don't envy you guys your puppies! Their cute to look at.... in someone elses house LOL I am SOOOOO done with puppies. Mouse and Ollie were both around 5-6 months old when I adopted them, and my sister got a 9 week old westie around the same time... which I got from 4-5.5 months old while Lauren was away on course... so I had 3 puppies (2 Terriers and a Dachshund) in my house at once... It put me off puppies for good (well until I get my Irish Terrier lol) I'd MUCH prefer to adopt older dogs LOL

MaryK

Honored Member
An epidemic of puppy fever!!!!!! Is it catching? LOL not sure my partner would like me to catch 'puppy fever':eek: