Need Suggestions For Names

amkeiana

Hey! I just got two new parrots...need some name suggestions :)
And something else....when is the suitable age for German shepherds to have pups?

Mutt

Experienced Member
Bird names: Twix and Bounty :D

Before you consider your dog to have puppies (I asume you are talking about your own dog), you should over think a number of facters.
- why is she suitable (only looks or character or because you would like to have a puppy from her aren't enough), why would you want to breed with her?
- health results (HD/ED etc., I don't now which are all needed but atleast these two)
- overall health (is she sick a lot/allergies)
- family (how is the character of her litermates/their health results)
- overall built (no weak polses, too arched back etc.)
- have you considered the riscs
- there are already a lot of dogs (in shelters/being put down becuase of that)
- will you be able to find enough suitable puppy buyers?
- do you have the time to be busy with the litter for at least 8 weeks (socializing etc.)
- are you willing to take responsibility for the pups later on (when they are returned by their owners or appear to have HD or something like that).
- if she comes from a puppy mill/pet shop, I'd advice not to do it, those dogs sadly don't have a good overall health

A good age is at least 2,5 years, some dogs aren't ready untill later. Earlier is not adviced!

kassidybc

Experienced Member
I like the name Clover.... :)
I just want to repeat what Mutt said. Also, don't just figure you will make money, with all the risks and expenses of puppies, most reutable breeders breed as a hobby, because if you raise the pups properly there's not much money to be made. Not to turn you off from breeding, but just make sure you have a very good reason to.