Need some advice

snooks

Experienced Member
Uh oh about the clothes. The leave-it suggestion is a good one. I actual put out test shoes when I could watch for my puppy and left toys around them. Do this only when you're watching. I watch and say eh or excuse me softly when puppy goes for the boot/clothes. When she looked around, didn't go for the boot, dropped it, went for a toy I marked and treat that behavior. Use body blocks if you need to and be sure the rewards are very tempting. I used a clicker b/c it got her attention better. It only took 2 weeks or so of leaving the shoes out for her to get it. If she went for a toy after deciding to leave the shoe she got a goood girl and a treat or a toy in her mouth for some play. I just had to make not going for the shoes consistently more fun and killing them.

I can only imagine that clothes blowing in the wind look like a great tug toy. You also may want to gate off the clothesline or keep puppy in when laundry is out unless you are right there. Maybe some food puzzles like a buster cube or kong when he's outside to occupy him. The last thing I can think of is mover exercise. Tired dogs are less likely to get into trouble.

Best of luck!!!!