Need Help Naming Him!!

Dlilly

Honored Member
I need help naming him…. I just can't think of anything that fits. He is friendly, hyper, and pretty much crazy!

Evie

Experienced Member
What did his old owners call him?? You obviously didn't like their choice of name?

I'm terrible at picking names so I think I better just stay right out of this one.... that and it took me almost 2 weeks after getting Evie to finally decide on a name for her... She was commonly known as 'puppy'

jackienmutts

Honored Member
I swear, those eyes ... they are trouble with a capital T :ROFLMAO: ... sitting here giggling... :LOL::ROFLMAO: Oh how I wish Tx would appear, she'd be JEALOUS and she'd come up with some names, too. I want to play with your little bad boy so bad, I want to reach thru my screen..... he is one stinkin' cute little guy!!! :love: He looks like just the kinda dog I like, I like 'em feisty (in a good way).

I'll be thinking of him and a name all day at work today..... :LOL: Get back with ya later.....

Dogster

Honored Member
Again LOVE him!!!:love::love: I really like southerngirl's suggestions.:) You can type, for example, names for a crazy dog, or something like that, puppy names, unique puppy names, and a bunch of stuff will show up. I'll give you some sites with some names.

http://www.crazyfordogs.com/cgi-mine/pscripts/vvote.cgi?action=name_vote&vnum=0&which=crazyforDOGS&v_name=Dog Names

These I like.:D:
http://www.dognamed.com/names/crazy-dog-names

This one has a cool search menu (on the right):
http://www.dognameswoof.com/maledognames.htm

Another one:
http://www.20000-names.com/pet_names_misc.htm

The possibilities are endless!!! This is why I chose to keep Shivon's shelter name.:):p

Dlilly

Honored Member
They named him Bam Bam. It's cute, but I think he needs a more serious name.

I've been searching online, and I haven't found any I like yet, but I'll check those links out. Thanks!

Puppylove

I just answered this same question on another thread before I read this one O_o

On the other thread I wrote "I was going to suggest an aussie name for him but I can't think of any that are traditionally Australian..."

Now, since I'm not really suggesting a name or giving you any ideas, I guess I posted a helpless message twice :p

Dlilly

Honored Member
I think I'm going to name him Rory. I love Doctor Who, and it's the only name I've seen that fits him. Thanks everyone! I really had trouble with this. (y)

Honored Member
That's a good name. I love 'human names' for pets.

People sometimes think it's weird when I say one of my cat's is called Grace because they think it is a human name and not for cats (she's a silver tabby and the name suits her, I didn't think it was a weird cat name when I named her). Our other cats are Tilly, Acorn and Lager so I guess they all have less-than-common names (although other family members named them).

They don't seem to think Holly is so weird, but definitly got confused looks over Kiefer (our old cavalier), I always had to repeat his name before people got it.

I always remember that at Paris' puppy class there was a huntaway called Tolstoy. I do like unexpected names :D

And our old chickens were Henny, Penny and Judith :LOL:

Pawbla

Experienced Member
I always have to repeat my dog's name! Winston is a very rare name here. Most people understand "Wilson".

I love Rory's name! It makes me think of a character in a comic.

MaryK

Honored Member
Love the name Rory(y) I always 'ask' my dog or cat and they seem to find a name. May sound weird but when Maeve 'adopted' me on New Years Eve, my first attempt was 'Tawny' - she's a diluted tortie - but she didn't respond. Then I said 'what would you like" and the name Maeve popped straight into my head, she responded instantly:).

I honestly believe the name is important to our dogs and cats, they KNOW what they like and I am sure Rory will just ADORE his name. He's SUPER cute, just the type of dog I love, feisty in the right way, ready for any adventure and that 'little rascal' look about him:D