Need a question to "ask" dog, for funny trick.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
I am finally finished teaching Buddy to shake his head "No"! Took a while! I made that one a political question,...I say "I think Buddy is a democrat", and turn to him and say, "Miss Bush?" and he shakes his head "No".:dognowink:

Now i am going to have him learn to nod "Yes!" (Non-political, this time!)

ANY IDEAS ON WHAT WOULD BE FUNNY QUESTION:msngiggle: TO USE AS THE CUE for "yes"?

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Buddy, are you a Border Collie?
Are you the BEST Border Collie?
Do you like [insert favorite treat name here]?
Do you like Petsmart/PetCo?
Hmm....I know I could think of more...

Haven't taught either of these yet, but will be using Kikopup's method. I plan to use them for anything I ask, just use a hand signal.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
GREAT IDEAS!! THANKS!! LOVE 'EM!!

For shake head "NO"----I used Kikopup's method, too, and then later altered that slightly, moving the target post-its to my hands. ......for some reason, after learning to move his head side to side to touch the post-its ON the chairs, when Buddy sat slightly forward of the chairs, he would not turn his head back toward the chairs like the dog in the video did... Not sure why. That is when i started putting the post-its on my hands.

Tip: For Buddy anyway, Buddy wanted a SPECIFIC number of times to turn his head to the left and then to the right. Buddy was bombing out on this trick, then i realized i had been rewarding various numbers of turns...... so i dropped trick altogether, then when i RE-trained it later, i stuck to TWO turns to the left, TWO turns to the right, bam, he got it.

buddy's head turns are not as deep as the dog in the video, Buddy's are a lil bit 'stiff' looking. Ha ha.