Naughty dogs

Discussion in 'Off-Topic & Chit Chat' started by spottyman, Apr 16, 2008.

  1. spottyman Well-Known Member

    Hellooo Elaine.....i do like your pics XXX :dogsmile:

    The dogs are in the bad books this of them ate 14 kitkats and a packet of choc biscuits on saturday eve. It was panic stations for a while i can tell you.......sussed who the culprit was, BOOGIE!! Apart from the silver foil in her poo, she was buzzing on sunday eve…phew!!! Biscuits are now out of the dogs reach!

    Will post some pics when im allowed……..just don’t know how to do it!! help!!:dognowink:


  2. lane New Member

    Hi Denise

    14 KitKats - Greedy Pig!!! :msngiggle:

    To upload your pics go to:
    Control Panel - edit avatar - option two to upload it from your computer and click on browse. Then you can choose your pics from your computer. Ditto with signature.
  3. dat123 Experienced Member

    Hi and welcome to the DTA.
    My Border collie ate an entire 250grams of dark chocolate when she was 5 months old.
    It was 10.30pm at night and I had to rush her to the emergency vet.
    They pumped her stomach and put her on a drip for hours. I was in the waiting room for a long time, when a nurse came out with a very worried look on her face, I thought she was going to say, your dog didn't make it, instead she asked " your dog normally hyper ? ", which I replied .." always ! " .
    Anyway , she recovered 100%, and cost me $ 680. Fortuneatly I took out dog health insurance a few weeks before, and got $ 480 back from the insurance company.
    She is now 4 years old, and has never had chocolate since !:dogsmile:
  4. goldencheddar New Member

    My Cheddar ate a whole pan of brownies one day. I quickly googled "Dog ate pan of Brownies" to find that my dog was not the first to do it. The online Vet said that brownies made from a mix had very little chocolate in them, just chocolate flavoring. He said she would be hyper and may have diarea for a day or so, but that she was going to be fine. He said Dark Chocolate candy bars have the most concentration of the bad stuff for dogs. Interesting that most cake and brownie mixes are just flavoring.

    We did fine. I just want to say that if your dog eats something like this, be safe and ask a vet if you need medical help.
  5. storm22 Experienced Member

    dogs dont they make you crazy but life wouldnt be worth living without having them around
  6. l_l_a New Member

    it's no joke when your dog eats something really bad! mine had to go to the emergency room for something he swallowed that was causing an intestinal obstruction, then we had to transport him to a second emergency vet because the first didn't do endoscopies and we wanted to try that before surgery (and good thing because it worked and is less invasive than surgery). The vet bills were over $1000 but we had pet health insurance, phew!

    then there were other times when he got into stuff and I had to call Poison Control to ask what are the symptoms if the dog were to ingest this substance or that. The call is not free either.

    And stuff like this always has to happen after-hours when the regular vet is closed and your only open is the emergency vet (i.e. more expensive)!!
  7. tango61 New Member

    I know how you feel.
    My dog got very sick and we still dont know what caused it
    but we took her to the emergency vet and she stayed overnight.
    the next day they told us to pick her up at 4:00 pm. but we later found out that 4:00 was the time when we were supposed to be charged for another day.
    we took her out of that vet office very fast because i think they were killing her instead of fixing her.
    but we ended up taking her to a better vet and he saved her life.
    but its amazing how expensive vets charge!
  8. Jean Cote Administrator

    So they charged you an extra day for 30 minutes? LOL. I wouldn't pay it.

Share This Page

Real Time Analytics