my quilt

storm22

Experienced Member
ive been making a quilt for myself with my dogs on it, basically i found pictures of the breeds and cut them out on material and sew it when im finished i hopefully have 15 squares of my dogs and a paw inbetween with there names and history ive put some photos on here of what ive got soo far

so far all ive done is five dog paws and my german shepherd and storm, but im starting on my pitt bull pictures now

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Cool. How do you get the design on there? Is it a patch that you sow on on? I don't know much about making quilts. :D

storm22

Experienced Member
thanks guys, ill def keep yous posted on the work

Jean;9459 said:
Cool. How do you get the design on there? Is it a patch that you sow on on? I don't know much about making quilts. :D
i sketched the picture on this iron on stuff and put it on the back of the material and then ironed it on my background, then i sew round the edges and and gave it some effects

not bad since i didnt even know how to sew at the start of it i started this in janurary, (theres alot of unpicking in this project lolz:dogbiggrin:)

storm22

Experienced Member
done abit more ive done my pitbull and bull terrier pics i love my bullies i think they turned out awesome, im now sewing koda up, i couldnt find any dog pic that looked like her so i blew up a couple of pictures of her and cut them out shes looking good but nothings put together on her so here are some pics of my pitty and bully

snooks

Experienced Member
what beautiful work. people pay thousands of dollars for oil paintings of their dogs... i bet you could make a killing on these. esp as a memorial. just absolutely beautiful. you have quite a talent.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
I love it!!!!!!! GREAT idea Storm! Very creative. Nice work!

I WANT ONE! Lol. No really.... O-O

bellapup

Wow...I love the textures. How cute if you made quilted pillows with each breed! If you ever wanted to try to make some extra money, you could sell them on Etsy. I bet you'd find lots of fans. :)

storm22

Experienced Member
thanks for all your kind words, i am making it as a memorial piece kinda, when the rest die they will be imortalised with the date on it, but its not bad since ive only learnt how to sew while doing this project, my first thing was a cushion id made then i started on this its taken nearly a year to do thid and im not even half finished but tis worth it,

i love the bull terrier pic too it reminds me so much of our old rex he always lay down like that

the hardest part is getting material that suits there fur, koda has been a challenge, i dont know why you cant get brindle colour material lol

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
:surprised: unbeleivable...you should get a website to market these, so many would enjoy a similar one of their own dogs, but i'd imagine making one would take so much time that marketing these might not interest you, BUT WOW!!!!!!!!!