My Knight In Shining Armour!

MaryK

Honored Member
Today, whilst partner was at work, I washed the bed linen. Nothing unusual in that. However as it was so hot I thought I would just allow the linen to dry (which it did in half an hour) and remake the bed using the same linen.

My partner came home early, and on entering the bedroom, stood there with a surprised look on his face and asked "What's wrong with the bed?". O.K. so he didn't realize, despite the duvet being neatly folded, pillows neatly stacked and fresh linen blowing in the non-existent breeze, I'd done the washing. My failure to immediately remake is something he's not used to, so I guess I can forgive his question.

Desperately in need of a nap, after a hard day's oops half day's work, he decided HE would remake the bed. Disaster loomed, as he's one of those males who has no idea as to which pillow case belongs on which pillow and will cram continental size pillows into standard size pillow cases and vice versa. Not to mention getting the colors all wrong as well.

The race to get in the fresh linen began. And I lost! He made it to the line first.

So, grabbing the pillow cases I made sure that at least they were correctly done. Then, oh NO fitted bottom sheets and males do not equal a properly made bed. I attempted to get hold of the bottom sheet, leaving him to put on the duvet cover. But he wasn't keen on that idea, preferring the 'easier' job of putting on the bottom sheet.

The thought of a bottom sheet slip sliding around all night was more than I could bare, after all fitted corners are supposed to fit the corners, not end up half way down the bed. With this is mind I made a tackle for the bottom sheet, throwing myself on the bed and wrapping it around me. Yes I was THAT desperate.

Needless to say partner wasn't standing for that and of course attempted to 'unravel' me.

In the midst of the ensuing racket, a flying, black ball of pure fury burst through the door and with a leap which even Superman would have envied, landed right on top of me!

Ra Kismet made it very plain that he wasn't going to stand by and let his Mom be 'bullied", which he apparently thought was the case. My poor partner was confronted by a very upset, angry dog, whose vocalizing and facial expressions made it perfectly clear that he had better back off or else!

Of course, being underneath, all I could do was attempt a muffled word or two to Ra Kismet, whilst my Partner, with more prudence than he normally shows, backed off at the same time making pacifying noises to Ra Kismet. "Calm down little buddy it's o.k." and the like, issued with a tremor from my partner's mouth, as he slowly and carefully backed away from the Mr. Hyde of the Puppy Dog world.

Fortunately he was able to convince Ra Kismet that there wasn't an attempted murder taking place, that I was in no way harmed, and that I didn't need rescuing from danger.

Calm was finally restored, I fitted the bottom sheet and Partner proceed to put on the duvet cover. A process which reduced me to tears of laughter and Ra Kismet to a much more sociable frame of mind.

And my other 'hero' Zeus? Well, he did appear, after everything had quietened down, and lent his support to my Partner's attempt to put on the duvet cover by barking encouragement from the sidelines.

One thing is for sure, no one even in fun, is allowed to mess around with me not if Ra Kismet is 'on guard' anyway!

My Partner is not sure if Ra Kismet should be Knighted for bravery above and beyond or jailed for attempted man slaughter! The jury is still out considering the verdict on this one!

jackienmutts

Honored Member
:D:LOL::ROFLMAO: Oh I just don't even know what to say!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I think it's best everyone step away from the bed (except Mary) and no one gets hurt!!! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Control freaks, enablers, vicious dogs - and it all started so innocently with changing sheets and doing laundry!!! :LOL::ROFLMAO: I almost spit a perfectly good sip of wine out on my laptop!!! :eek::LOL::ROFLMAO:

MaryK

Honored Member
:D:LOL::ROFLMAO: Simple thing is, I like a comfy night's sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ra Kismet does permit Zeus, to sleep on the bed too:ROFLMAO:

Yes don't mess with my bed or Ra Kismet will be after you!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't like uncomfortable pillows!!!!!!!!!!:LOL::rolleyes::eek: