My Beautiful Labrador And Golden Retriever Mix.....gucci!!

Aniket Takane

well this is the first time in our lives that me and my girlfriend have bought a pet rececntly...its a beautiful golden retriever and labrador mix.....i really dunno much about training dogs and am looking forward to learn more and more about training dogs and make them the best they can get...

gage

well this is the first time in our lives that me and my girlfriend have bought a pet rececntly...its a beautiful golden retriever and labrador mix.....i really dunno much about training dogs and am looking forward to learn more and more about training dogs and make them the best they can get...
Ha hes a way to train your dog how to sit.Say sit and push his back down to were he/she is sitting and say good boy or good girl and then say good sit boy/girl.

gage

step 1:hes a way to teach stay first you make him/her sit then you sat and make shapes out of the air if he or she jumps don't reward him or she. step 2:get up and walk backward wile your dog sits then if he or she jumps don't reward step 3:walk around with a treat if he or she jumps don't reward stp3:do this ervy day and then your dog should know

fly30

Experienced Member
Ha hes a way to train your dog how to sit.Say sit and push his back down to were he/she is sitting and say good boy or good girl and then say good sit boy/girl.
I don't really agree on this method. You should be able to teach a dog how to sit without touching him which is less stressful for him and he'll be more willing to do it.

Hold a treat above his nose and push your hand towards the back of his head so he has to sit naturally to get it. Give him the treat as soon as he sits (even if he doesn't sit long at the beginning) and say "sit".

To my point of view, there are 3 things a dog should know to be able to learn more after :
- Sit
- Stay
- Down

Always reward good behaviours and ignore unwanted ones. And above all, have fun with your dog. He'll love doing things with you and for you if he's having fun working with you.