Multi-lingual dog.

marblemouth

Okay. This isn't really for my dog's benefit, it's more for me and the other military police K-9 handlers I work with. Most of our dogs understand commands in English and German (mine also knows some Dutch) which is great but it's not very useful for us. I need somebody that can translate commands from English to Arabic. Our dogs "cue" off of what we say. The phrase that I need translated is, "Halt! Halt! Halt, or I will release my dog!" I've found numerous translators on-line but they produce results written in Arabic text. I have not found anywhere that can give me the pronunciation of the Arabic text. Any help at all would be a big help.

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
I think it would be easier to train the people the English or German commands rather than to train the dog all over again.

marblemouth

Teaching the dogs the new command isn't a problem. They're going to "cue" off of our tone of voice and our body language. The dogs will learn the command, we train 5-7 days a week. The problem is with not giving fair warning in Arabic to non-English speaking people. They have to understand our intentions before we are allowed to send our police dogs onto them.

luna may

I'm sorry, but I know verry little Arabic... We were taught a little at school, lol :D
Hmmm... La means no, Aiwa means yes... taraca means left (as in leave)... Calb means dog... Ana means I... Au means or... And I just can't remember Stop x( Grrrr!(did we even learn it? We didn't have the brightest teacher... Old grudges reviving ;))

I think that you should just put up a pantomime show: "Anta ([you] point at person)- (mime moving)- Calb ([dog] points at dog)- (mime runnung)- Anta ([You] point at person)- Maat ([Die] mime dying)
That's about all I can do for you xD

luna may

Hey, I think I found it!
I'm not sure about the pronounciation, but I think it goes like this:
"Tucaf [halt] au [or] ana [ I] atlac [release] calbi [my dog]" :)

This is the link I used: http://translate.google.com/translate_t?langpair=en|ar (the translation is in Arabic, though) Good luck, and thanks for looking after us all!