Mudbathing

Anneke

Honored Member
Someone commented on the softness of my dogs coats the other day and ask what I did to get their coats so shiney and soft.
Well, I showed her this vid:ROFLMAO:
This is what my dogs do, when ever they find water...

Sorry for my chattering on:oops::D but you can't understand most of what I am saying anyway:p

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
Cooper looks so happy resting in the mud. :ROFLMAO: Haha, and Jinx wants a facial...she kept shoving her face in the mud to get the ball.

Cute video. ^^ I bet bathtime was fun.

Dogster

Honored Member
Oh my gosh, SOOO DIRTY!!!!!:eek: It looks like they had the BEST time!!!!:D It's hilarious how dogs like mudbaths more than regular baths.....

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
:ROFLMAO:

THOSE DOGS ARE HAVING SUCH A GOOD TIME!! I smiled the whole time i am watching this!
What a lovely area, too!!

my dog is such a priss, he hates mud, and will go out of his way to avoid stepping into a mud puddle, or even a water puddle,
even a small one, on his walks...:rolleyes:

Anneke

Honored Member
:D:D No need for that, Jean Marie;)
I drive this:

The back is specially adapted for the dogs. Easy to clean and I have Vetbed's on the floor. They are easy to clean. So all I have to do is wait for the mud to dry, then brush the sand out and we are ready to go. I clean it about once a month with a germkiller, this is because I drive a lot of dogs around in this car. But since there are only dogs in the back, I don't mind the dirt:cool:

Dogster

Honored Member
Tigerlily, my dog is the EXACT SAME when it comes to mud.:D She will go through water, sometimes even try to drink it. Disgusting, she doesn't care about her personal hygene.....:pLOL!!!!

Anneke

Honored Member
It is an upgrade:) I used to drive this

with the backseat down I could fit 4 dogs in there, but only if they knew eachother well enough to get along in such a tight space

Here are Maia(the blue merle) behind her is Donja(golden retriever), then Cooper climbing over the frontseat to kiss my boyfriend:p and Shane.
This was ok for a while, just occasionally driving around more than two dogs(the backseat was always down for them) but then I started my dogwalking business and needed more space. But a real van was too expensive, so this car was it.
Still can't put more than 4 dogs in there, well I could if they were used to it, but most dogs have a bigger personal space:D And I wouldn't want to be crammed up in the back of a car eather:) And I don't want to walk more than 4 dogs at the same time.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Dogster, Buddy will drink water puddles, but he wont' step in puddles. He is a prissy dog.:ROFLMAO:

I swear, if i ever get a video camera, i will post a video of how Buddy, who apparently thinks he is Little Lord Faunterloy or something, steps around all puddles, even the smallest lil puddle, he can't stand to get his tootsies wet. :rolleyes: Buddy would be so amazed to see Anneke's dogs mudbathing....he'd probably stare and stare and stare in amazement.

Dogster

Honored Member
TOTAL upgrade!!!! The van you have now is just GREAT for dogs!!!!:) My dog ALWAYS dirties the seats. There is no room on the floor of the car though.

Anneke

Honored Member
More than once people would look twice to see 4 big dogs get out of that little car:D

Cooper didn't like the new car at first, since he couldn't look out the window. The back is closed off from the front with a thin wall(don't know how you call this:oops:) So my boyfriend cut a piece out and put a wire grill in, just so Cooper can see where we are going. He always sits in front of it and looks over our shoulders:D And now I can see what is going on in the back.
But it is helpfull with the windowbarkers;) None of the dogs bark in my car. Only if we have to stop and someone pulls up behind us(there are windows in the backdoors) some of the dogs will bark.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Dogster, i know, especially hilarious, as he grew up in a mudshack, but now, now he is a lil prince or something. When he first did, at first, we looked at each other, "did Buddy just walk over there to avoid stepping in the puddle? nah, whoever heard of a dog who notices mudpuddles.."

but, soon enough, it was easy enough to see, he will walk allllllll the way around it, every time. We busted out laffin at how weird our dog is.

Sometimes i go next to puddles, just to watch how will he get away from THAT big puddle? but, he always finds a way to never step in a puddle.

maybe someone told him it is bad luck or something...