Movies Featuring Dogs

Ina

Hi everyone,

last night I watched a movie called "Dog Hotel" and thought of starting a new threat about movies.

"Dog Hotel" is about 2 orphans and their dog. The little boy was a small genius inventing all these gadgets to entertain a bunch of stray dogs that have moved into an old hotel.

One invention was a door knocker. If any dog steps on one of the sensors a doorbell will ring. All dogs of course run over barking at the door which triggers another sensor. This one starts a boot kicking at a different door - of course all dogs run over to this door barking their heads of. And this in return starts noise at a different door again.

The boy invented feeding machines, fetch machines and an indoor dog toilet.

It's a must see for dog lovers (I even cried at some point, but most of the time I just laughed my head off).

Have you been watching a movie featuring dogs that shouldn't be missed?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Hmmm, i like movies, and i like dogs!! Of course, there is the 5 hanky movie, "Marley" (i think is named Marley). wow, i couldn't stop sobbing. Also, that film had some hilarious scenes, too!!

Another film, i was so excited to see, about a trouble makin border collie, who gets adopted by a clueless man who only yells at the dog, but then a trainer steps in, and teaches them a better way....it is a true story, more or less.
It was called "A Dog Year"...which had it's good parts, but fell slightly short of my expectations.............. and, after i read more about the guy in the movie, i liked a bit less.

and then there is "Babe", for which i attribute all kids pointing at Buddy and asking, "Is he a sheepdog?" hee hee! (i suppose he is a sheepdog of sorts, but, to me, i think of an Old English Sheepdog when i hear sheepdog).
Kids seems to be very very interested in Buddy, who does resemble the star of the film, and look at him with some amount of wonder, as if he can 'talk' like the dog in the movie "Babe". I once had a small child ask me if Buddy could talk. Too funny!!

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
OOH! A story i'd heard about for eons, a true story, about a shiba inu in Japan, who always always always greeted his owner at the train stop every day.......................and then waited at a train stop for years, when it's owner died. Finally made that story into a movie, a real tear jerker film. That movie is called "Hachi".

Ina

OOH! A story i'd heard about for eons, a true story, about a shiba inu in Japan, who always always always greeted his owner at the train stop every day.......................and then waited at a train stop for years, when it's owner died. Finally made that story into a movie, a real tear jerker film. That movie is called "Hachi".
Oh yes, I saw that a while ago and couldn't remember the name of the movie. I have to show this one to my kids !

sara

Staff member
Hatchi was an Akita in the movie, I'm not sure if he was supposed to be, or not though... good movie, cried my eyes out... Reminded me of the "Greyfriers Bobby" story.

The movie "Marley and Me" teared me up a bit, but the book was MUCH MUCH worse!!! but then, the book was MUCH, MUCH funnier too!

I Like the movie "Firehouse Dog" It has my FAV BREED EVER in it!

"Hotel for Dogs" was really cute, but rather far fetched.

"8 Below" was a FANTASTIC movie... I cried buckets, but it was soooo soooo good! and of course nothing beats Lassie!

Cant forget "Zeus and Roxanne" really good movie... and Zeus reminds me a bit of Oliver

There are soooo many... umm

Ina

WOW, so many movies that I haven't seen - winter is starting .. I know what I'm gonna do in the evenings now :D

Any more out there ? It's a loooong winter :)

sara

Staff member
Here's one. "My Dog Skip" it has Kevin Bacon in it... very good movie... funny, sad, about a little boy and his JRT

Myndi

"Marley and Me" was such a great movie and book, but I could barely finish them. That was the first time that I've ever cried while watching a movie or reading a book. By the end of the movie, I'd moved from sitting on the couch to curled up in the floor hugging the dogs and crying.

Also, gotta mention "Oliver & Company," even though its a cartoon (y)

sara

Staff member
If we want to get into cartoons... "Oliver and Company" is one of my favorites, as it "All Dogs go to Heaven", "101 Dalmatians" both the cartoons and the live actions, ummm "Balto", "Lady and the Tramp"