Moose passed Away

charmedwolf

Staff member
I've been delaying it as much as possible because I didn't want to believe it was true. My first personal dog has passed away. He had intestinal cancer for the better part of 4 years and it finally caught up with him. He went into respitory arrest and I choose to put him down instead of letting him suffer more.

I know a couple of you will remember Moose as the reason I really came to this forum. Moose was a Bull Mastiff rescue that had the big issue of not knowing how to walk on a leash. Now at his passing he was a Bull Mastiff that taught my other a few lessons. Kratos learned how to walk politely, be outside without a leash, find the joy in tug toys and know how to wrestle without hurting others. Isis learned that opening a door was easy with a bark or scratch, chasing squirrels/ groundhogs/ vermin was even better with two and that people didn't really want to hurt you. Jinx learned that you can't win everybodys love if you're a jerk, lazying around was better with a pillow and that you should never side for part of the bed when you could have it all.

Moose was a silent teacher that I can't believe I have to live without now.

tx_cowgirl

Honored Member
Staff member
I'm so sorry for you. Most of us have been there and we share your pain. My heart goes out to you. Know that he is in a better place, and no longer has to suffer. Keep Isis, Jynx, Kona, and Kratos close; in time you will all help each other heal.

If there is a heaven, it's certain our animals are to be there. Their lives become so interwoven with our own, it would take more than an archangel to detangle them.
-Pam Brown

To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice, though inasmuch as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman.
-Hermione Gingold

Farewell, Moose.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
OH Charmed Wolf, my heart is breaking for you. What a beautiful dog, i know that Moose had a full and joyful life living with you. No words can stop this pain, CWolf, but, time can soften it.

Just My Dog

She's just my dog.
She is my other eyes that can see above the clouds;
My other ears that hear above the winds.
She is the part of me that can reach out into the seas.
She has told me a thousand times over that I am her reason for being.
By the way she rests against my leg.
By the way she thumps her tail at my smallest smile.
By the way she shows her hurt when I leave without taking her.
When I am wrong, she is delighted to forgive.
When I am angry, she clowns to make me smile.
When I am happy, she is joy abound.
When I am a fool, She ignores it.
When I succeed, she brags.
Without her, I am only another person.
With her, I am all powerful.
She has promised to live on in my heart...whenever...
In case I need her; and I expect I will---
As I always have.
She is my dog.
Author Unknown

"there is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more elogquently than ten thousand tongues. They are mesengers of overwheliming grief...and unspeakable love."

tigerlily46514

Honored Member

"The Best Place to Bury a Dog"​
There is one best place to bury a dog.
If you bury him in this spot, he will come to you when you call -
come to you over the grim, dim frontier of death, and down the well-remembered path and to your side again.

And though you call a dozen living dogs to heel, they shall not growl at him, nor resent his coming, for he belongs there.
People may scoff at you,
who see no lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall,
who hear no whimper, people who may never really have had a dog.

Smile at them for you shall know something that is hidden from them,
and which is well worth the knowing.
"The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master."​
(By Ben Hur Lampman from the Portland Oregonian Sept. 11th 1925)​

srdogtrainer

Experienced Member
I'm so sorry for your loss. Good byes are so painful, especially when losing such a faithful companion and best friends.
I hope you find comfort remembering all the happy memories you shared with Moose.