Monthly trick challenges

chevycgc

Hi, I keep checking back to see if the challenges have started up again. The one where there were individual tricks for beginners intermediate and advanced but there aren't any. Was that just temporary? Or will they be coming back? I loved them and it gave me a goal of training with a deadline whether I won a challenge or not...

I would love to see them come back. Did I maybe miss an announcement saying they were ending or something?

Thanks,
Sally

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
For October, I promise there will be some new Challenges. I apologize sincerely for the wait. :dogsad:

chevycgc

Hey Jean,

That's great. I am glad to hear it. I am sure you have been really busy.

Thanks for responding.

Sally

storm22

Experienced Member
cool cant wait for them, i figured you were busy and its good to give the dogs a rest and go back over the tricks they have been learning here, bring on october

szecsuani

Experienced Member
chevycgc;12547 said:
Train like what?
I have started a whole new training technique lately.
I don't decide what I want to teach. Of course I always have an idea, that would be cool, but I don't stick to it.
So I just sit down on the ground, with the dog in front of me, and wait for her to do sometihng. If she starts doing something that I like, I click, and wait what turns out of it... :D
Yeah, a littlebit free technique, but I just love to see Pami thinking! :)

caninehorizons

Experienced Member
Hi, Jean,

Just a note to let you know that I received my prize for sending in the winning entry for the DTA August Challenge. What a great gift for this time of year when days are short and I'm looking for things to do in the long evenings!! Thanks!

However, I feel guilty for accepting a first-place prize when, as far as I know, mine was the only entry.

Charlene
caninehorizons.com

szecsuani

Experienced Member
Now that you mention it, I still didn't recieve the graduation plush dog...
I hope it's not because those postmen... In hungary, a lot of posmen steal the stuff they have to deliver... :S
I hope this is not a case like that...

Jean Cote

Administrator
Staff member
Ah it's no problem Caninehorizons!!! :dogsmile: Every penny that I earn through the new subscription plan goes directly into the development of the Academy. This includes monthly challenge prizes, etc.

I hope that you have fun doing the puzzles. :dogsmile:

Szecsuani ... Still haven't received it? :( Must be because you live so far away...