Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sgtfrog, Oct 29, 2012.

1. sgtfrog Active Member

Just thought I would say Hello,

Wife and I have an oversized Blue Merle Shelie. She's almost 1 year old ,She weighs 18 kg and is around 19 inches tall at the withers... People around here mistake her for a bordercollie / collie. She has 1 black eye and 1 blue one. Has Crooked ears =).

She also unfortunately broke her leg at 3 months old and has had a metal plate put in. Her bone healed perfectly However her lower leg ( which wasnt even the bone that broke) did not fully grow. So she does have 1 leg smaller than then other by 1 inch ( which is also curving slightly) and does limp. Not much we can do about that now. This doesnt limit her in anyway though . She runs, jumps , and does everything a normal dog does. =)

photowew.JPG insta1.jpg photo (2).JPG
    Jean Cote, MaryK, Dogster and 2 others like this.

2. Gracegeorgina Experienced Member

What a beauty!! She must be such a brave girl!!
    MaryK and Mr-Remington like this.
  3. Mr-Remington Experienced Member

She's gorgeous! I'm sorry about her leg but I'm glad she hasn't let her slow her down!!
    MaryK likes this.
  4. southerngirl Honored Member

Welcome. She is a beautiful girl.:love:
    MaryK likes this.
  5. Dogster Honored Member

Welcome to DTA!!!!:) Your sheltie is just ADORABLE.:love::love: It definately looks like she lives life to the fullest, she doesn't let that one shorter leg stop her!!!:D Enjoy the site!!!!:)
    MaryK likes this.
  6. jackienmutts Honored Member

Hi and welcome! Milli is just beautiful, and I esp love the pic of her in the window. :love:
    Dogster and MaryK like this.
  7. MaryK Honored Member

Hi and Welcome!:) Milli is ADORABLE and I love the pic of her standing at the window. One amazing lady, doesn't let one leg shorter than the other bother her at all. Brave lassie:love:

Enjoy the forum and I am sure you'll find some tricks she can learn without putting pressure on her legs.
    Dogster likes this.
  8. Jean Cote Administrator

Nice dog! :) Welcome to the Dog Trick Academy!
    Dogster and MaryK like this.