Meet Mo!

kassidybc

Experienced Member
If your wondering what happened to Jinx, read my post on this thread- http://www.dogtrickacademy.com/forum/threads/meet-jinx.7225/

Mo (usually called Momo) is one hundred percent crazy border collie. I thought Chloe was high drive, but he's even higher drive, with 10 times as much energy. And I love it. :love: He is so much fun, and he is insanely smart. I brought him to agility class for the first time and everyone there was jealous, even the ones with border collies lol! I would lure him through an obstacle exactly once, and then he would just do the obstacle over and over -without me asking him to- just looking at me like "Look! Aren't I smart?" :p Him and Chloe get along very well, he is very respectful of her. His trick list is small at the moment since I just got him, but he's very smart so he learns quickly!
1. Sit
2. Lie Down
3. Twirl
4. Swing
5. Finish
6. Shake
7. Nose touch
8. Leg Weave
9. Heel
10. Stay
11. Jumps
12. Dog walk
13. Tunnel
14. Table
15. Tire Jump
16. Chute

image2 (1).JPG
image1.PNG
image3 (1).JPG

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Mo can destroy any toy you give him, which isn't great, but I'm not super concerned about it. What I'm concerned about is that he not only destroys them, he eats them. Which scares me, because I don't want him to choke on something or get blockage or anything. I have had to resort to not leaving any toys out. But I feel bad for Chloe, she is used to having some toys out at all times that she can play with. Do you guys have any advice, or do you think the best thing to do is to just continue managing it like I have been?

southerngirl

Honored Member
Mo can destroy any toy you give him, which isn't great, but I'm not super concerned about it. What I'm concerned about is that he not only destroys them, he eats them. Which scares me, because I don't want him to choke on something or get blockage or anything. I have had to resort to not leaving any toys out. But I feel bad for Chloe, she is used to having some toys out at all times that she can play with. Do you guys have any advice, or do you think the best thing to do is to just continue managing it like I have been?
Piper does the same. Me and my mom make sure to buy Piper friendly toys. Kong, Chuck it ball, tennis balls(she doesn't usually chew these, and a ball from a petsafe chew toy bone. We also always keep two bone around for Piper to chew and one for Missy.

kassidybc

Experienced Member
Piper does the same. Me and my mom make sure to buy Piper friendly toys. Kong, Chuck it ball, tennis balls(she doesn't usually chew these, and a ball from a petsafe chew toy bone. We also always keep two bone around for Piper to chew and one for Missy.
Yeah, that's basically what I've been doing. I just feel bad for Chloe cause she doesn't like chewing on hard toys like that, she likes the soft toys. I guess she'll just have to deal with it. ;)

running_dog

Honored Member
You are right to be concerned.
You could try teaching him not to destroy the toys, perhaps you just need to find a way to explain it to him? Even just removing the toys as soon as he becomes destructive and rewarding him whenever he leaves a toy without destroying it would be a good start.