Meet Gus

Dogster

Honored Member
Guess he's interested in the camera....O_o Can't wait to see the video!!!!:LOL: I'm sure Gus grew a bit since the picture!!!

running_dog

Honored Member
Here's a Gus update...

When the kids are here all we can hear is... "Gus, gus, GUS, Gus, GUS,GUS,Gus,gus,Gus,gus,GUSgusGusgusGUSgusgusgusGUSgusGUSGUSgusGusGusgusgusgusgusgusgusgusgusgusgusgusgusgusgusgus..." :eek::eek::eek: It seems impossible to stop them.

Gus has also...
Driven us demented
Grown much bigger
Developed a craze for sweeping brushes
Cured Zac of his abject terror of feather dusters
Developed a nasty habit of nipping Zac (Zac yelps and Gus just goes on nipping :eek: )
Been offered yet another home.
Had his second injection.
Burrowed through our hedge.
Scrambled onto the settee.
Visited another house
Met lots of different people (and wet on their shoes in excitement :rolleyes:).
Met a standard poodle (and wet on ME in excitement O_o).
Chased a mouse.
Tried to cock his leg (at 11 weeks O_o ).
... and a whole lot of other things :sleep:

Dogster

Honored Member
Looks like there's NEVER adull moment with little Gus!!!:D I'm SOOO glad Gus and Zac are playing together!!! Love Gus' hat trick!!!!:LOL: He's growing too!!! (stil small and cute) Are you going to get him nutered? If yes, when?? (Shivon got spayed at 2 months, because at the humane society, the dogs get spayed/neutered almost as soon as they get there, to avoid an overpopulation of dogs in the future)

running_dog

Honored Member
I guess whether Gus is neutered will be my sister's decision (or whoever finally ends up keeping him). I do understand why shelters like dogs to be neutered but I'd prefer to wait until Gus is fully grown as I think that early neutering can cause physical and social problems in dogs. Zac isn't neutered and we haven't had any problems but I have a feeling that Gus is a VERY different character of dog.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
WOW, RDOG, that is AMAZING work with Gus! wow! and wow!! Big round of applause!

What a cutie!

the snarly play at the last moments of the clip, might not be nearly as cute when Gus
is a good 50 lbs in size.....or, maybe, they will have worked it out by then....hmmm. I see your concern.

poor lil Zac. (LOVED Zac's cape, btw)

Dogster

Honored Member
I agree about early neutering. It's just that I didn't have much of a choice.:) If it was my choice, I would have waited longer. Keep up the good work!!!:D

running_dog

Honored Member
the snarly play at the last moments of the clip, might not be nearly as cute when Gus
is a good 50 lbs in size.
How true :ROFLMAO:

The snarly play is very characteristic of dogs with greyhound in their breeding (ie Zac always plays like this). If Gus is still around by the time he's huge then hopefully the "rough play" will have transferred to the great outdoors. When Zac's friends come to visit they don't riot in the house, only outside :rolleyes: .

Gus seems much more headstrong than Zac though :cautious:. Zac gazes soulfully but Gus just batters his way to where he wants to be.

Dogster

Honored Member
I hope Gus is still around!!!!:LOL: It would be great if you kept him!!! (I hope you feel the same way, of course puppies are a HUGE responsibility:D )

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
Well, Dogster, Gus is technically Rdog's SISTER's dog, and Rdog is sort of fostering the puppy for now, to help out,
and Rdog *might* prefer to choose her own breed of dog if SHE is going to be raising it, maybe. Rdog is into lurcher dogs. (sort of a type of hunting dogs).

and if Zac and Gus don't get on well, (not all dog personalities mesh well)
it could be a tension filled 15 years ahead in Rdog's home, an ongoing effort just for peace.

so it will be a tough choice for Rdog....mmmHmm. But i have no doubt at all, that IF IF IF Rdog decides to rehome this puppy, she would ensure that Gus goes to a good home. I'm not worried about Gus's future at all, either way, ;) Gus is in good hands, and good decisions will be made, no doubt.

running_dog

Honored Member
As Tigerlily says... I'm mad about lurchers... lots of them don't have queues of people wanting to take them home.

I really want THIS lurcher but can't afford another at the moment... if there is anyone lurking on this forum from the Northeast of England and looking for a dog, PLEASE consider this one... I can't bear that he is so like Zac and has been waiting for a home for 4 years :cry: such a lot of potential trapped in a rescue centre (and as long as he's there that is another dog they can't rescue).

I'd also like a deaf dog (preferably a lurcher) and maybe (if Gus doesn't put me off completely) a lurcher puppy.

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
OHMIDAWG!! That is almost Zac's twin!!! Especially in the first photo...wow! What a lovely site that would be, to see Zac and that dog walking along together, wouldn't it?

tigerlily46514

Honored Member
<----wants to start passing the hat around to get cash to help Rdog afford getting an extra dog.

or, better yet---------

Rdog, you should set up a thread, advertising your stunning ability to draw dogs, and members here could send you some business, and maybe you could set aside enough to go rescue that poor homeless dog!!
I know, i know, i am very pushy person, and it's not my place to say all this, but, i think, if ppl realized YOU can draw or paint pictures of their dogs, they'd sooooo enjoy a custom painting or sketch of their dog,
and you could get some extra income! AND you'd be making others happy as they enjoyed their piece of art!!!!!!

(ducks and crawls away...knowing this isn't my place to say all that...)

Dogster

Honored Member
I LOVE THAT DOG!!!! He's soo beautiful!!!! I've got to agree with Tigerlily, looks a lot like Zac!!! Oh, and I meant I hope your sister keeps him, that was a typo, I just realised it.:oops:

Anneke

Honored Member
He is just so cute! The way he drops into a down!! Sweet!!!!
And I'm glad they are playing!! Zac reminds me of Izzie, a greyhound I have in my dogwalkgroup. Izzie does the same thing, the growling, the open mouth, not getting to personal.
I bet Zac loves to run with other dogs in stead of the more rough playing.
That's why they don't get along so well, of course! Labs are much more physical in their play then lurchers;)
Izzie prefers runners too, she will play with the more rough dogs, but when they get really rough, she will back off and avoid them.

running_dog

Honored Member
Anneke - Zac plays very rough and very very fast! Once Zac's in the open he gets rough with other dogs trying to scare them into being runners! He once protected a greyhound like the one you describe from two labradors that were pushing her around. At the moment I think he's just being very nice to Gus most (but not all) of the time - maybe because he likes him? maybe because he's a puppy?

TiflovesBCs

Experienced Member
As Tigerlily says... I'm mad about lurchers... lots of them don't have queues of people wanting to take them home.

I really want THIS lurcher but can't afford another at the moment... if there is anyone lurking on this forum from the Northeast of England and looking for a dog, PLEASE consider this one... I can't bear that he is so like Zac and has been waiting for a home for 4 years :cry: such a lot of potential trapped in a rescue centre (and as long as he's there that is another dog they can't rescue).

I'd also like a deaf dog (preferably a lurcher) and maybe (if Gus doesn't put me off completely) a lurcher puppy.
My mum loves lurchers, she's been browsing the dog trust site - we live in the north west of england.
We'd take them all home if we could. But with 3 BCs anymore would be a handful. :(

Dogster

Honored Member
I wish I could take them all home too!!!!! Sadly, I don't live in England.:( Or anywhere close, for that matter.